Which digi cam ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranchu_Lover

Mar 30, 2004
Hi everyone,

I found that images from some Canon digi cams not very sharp for my taste, so other
than Canon, can anyone recommend me any other brands digi cams that will produce
crisp sharp image quality straight out from camera without using sharpening software for
image sharpening ?

I'm looking for a 3 or 4 MP digi cam with a budget around $700.00.

Thanks for any advices.

Ranchu_Lover said:
Hi everyone,

I found that images from some Canon digi cams not very sharp for my taste, so other
than Canon, can anyone recommend me any other brands digi cams that will produce
crisp sharp image quality straight out from camera without using sharpening software for
image sharpening ?

Thanks for any advices.

How abt Olympus :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Ranchu_Lover said:
Hi everyone,

image sharpening ?

Thanks for any advices.

Just wondering which canon digicam had you tried? Did you try the G5?

Anyway, before anyone can recommend to you any camera, there are a few things we need to know, like what kind of photography you forsee yourself doing? What type of size and shape are you looking for? Do you need manual controls? What kind and how much zoom are you looking for? etc. etc.

Also, note that two different cameras by the same manufacturer may produce totally different quality. So, don't just condemn Canon just because of some of the pictures you'd seen that might be soft.

p.s. I'm not a Canon supporter!

Yeah, tried to use my friend's G5 b4 but image is still not sharp enough, still must sharpen then can print. And G5 too bulky.

What I'm looking at is something smaller, manual controls or not doesnt really
matter, just want sharp, nice color image.

Not condemn Canon lah !! Just find their images not very sharp only mah.
Maybe some ppl like these kind of soft image leh. Only I no like mah.

Ranchu_Lover said:
Hi everyone,

image sharpening ?

Thanks for any advices.
Hi,
This is just my personal opinion so don't slam me for saying this. ;)

I don't recommend buying Sony digital cameras because firstly, all their products are linked to each other. In another words, you can't use other brands of electronics to go along with it.

And secondly, their battries run out very, very fast. Unlike other brands where you can purchase batteries from convenience stores, they have to be charged. And worst, the battery life runs out more quickly if you use the flash very often. Definitely not something you will want to bring overseas.

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

panasonic FX1 or FX 5 is quite sharp, and one good thing is there is
image stabiliser!!! and it has Leica designed lens.

I'm using Canon (powershot S50) and so far quite happy with the images...my fellow Canon users also have no problems with the image sharpness. just wondering could it be the conditions in which the test photos were taken eg shaky/low light conditions which could result in blurry pictures?

just my 2cents as a newbie... :). canon is quite value for money in my opinion so don't be too quick to write it off ;)

I just paste the experience of one of the bro here using panasonic FX1 to help you decide

Maybe consider a Panasonic which has a OIS, gives u better picture when you in rush to take picture/get people to take picture for u, cos hadshake is often a problem in travelling. Also can take while in bus, cable car, etc. It helps.
I brought a Panasonic FZ-1 along during last tour trip to snowing korea, 100% picture turn out sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.