Which Digi Cam has the best wide angle shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

icymonster

Sep 27, 2008
Looking to buy a compact digi camera with best wide angle shot.

Any recommendation?

Thanks

There are a few compact digicam which have the wide angles; Panasonic LX3, Canon Ixus 100 IS, fujifilm F200EXR etc...Each comes with their optcal zoom and strengths. It depends on your requirements and budgets.

There are a few compact digicam which have the wide angles; Panasonic LX3, Canon Ixus 100 IS, fujifilm F200EXR etc...Each comes with their optcal zoom and strengths. It depends on your requirements and budgets.

I've a budget of est not exceeding $500.

then lx3 isn't for you. it should be around 700+. also , if you're planning to use it as your only camera , something else would probably be better as the zoom range for lx3 isn't very good.

then lx3 isn't for you. it should be around 700+. also , if you're planning to use it as your only camera , something else would probably be better as the zoom range for lx3 isn't very good.

I do not really need zoom range function.
main concern still wide angle, coz most of the time taking pics at small and crampy space.

The other day when I was at Jon 3:16, the F200EXR and Canon Ixus 100 IS are less than $500..For your consideration.

[vid]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sY73rdR-Qh4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sY73rdR-Qh4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/vid]

this camera has the widest angle shot.. haha

Panasonic FX48 also has 25mm lens..The widest lens thus far is 22mm but I can't remember which camera is that.

I guess you can read-up and google for reviews to look and decide which really suits your needs.

Different cameras will have their strengths and weaknesses, pros and cons.

Don't get bought over by the specs and words of salesman... Ultimately you'll have to judge with your own eyes..;)

Widest among all compact is Ricoh GX100/200 with the Ricoh wideconverter = 21mm
2nd hand gx100 or even 200 should cost much less than 500. Ricoh's lens is very good, only the sensor is the weakest link. It still produces excellent result using iso 80-100. Above that, it has too many noise.

Ricoh GX100 is 24mm just like LX3, the 0.79X Wide angle convertor is to 19mm. A few sets are selling below $500 in B&S at the moment, including mine ;p.

Status
Not open for further replies.