Which did you started out with?

Which did you started out with?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Freed

Ignoring PnS cameras, lomo, disposables
, which did you started out with, SLR, Digital or DSLR?

Why ignore them ???

Some of us started out with cameras like that, OR other cameras like TLR's, rangefinders, MF, LF and so on .....

For me I started out with a Kodak 126 instamatic some 35 years ago.....

Kodak 110..... Voigtlander Vitoret.....Pentax Spotmatic ...

Originally posted by Freed
Ignoring PnS cameras, lomo, disposables, which did you started out with, SLR, Digital or DSLR?

Let's see....

Why ignore PnS cameras? Fixed lens. Cannot change setting. The only way to take better pictures is to improve your compositional abilities. Wow, what a concept ;)

Started with Kodak 110 too

started out with a digital camera, and still using the same one after 1+ yr.

regards

Apologies to those to think other categories should be included and those who this PnS should be included.

It's just a simple poll out of my curiosity.

Excluded TLR's, MF, LF, etc cos' I do not know what they are, even as u r talking about it now. I am just somemore who likes taking pictures and does not know much about cameras other than the popular SLR, digicam, DLSR.

As for excluding PnS, just thought that most avid hobbyists won't really use them. PnS might be the one that arouse our interest, but I think most people started off serious not with PnS. Well, I could be wrong :dunno:

Anyway, as mentioned, it's just a simple poll. :embrass:

Started at 12 with a Pentax MV1 with only a simple 50mm lens, used that for 3 years which shooting as a school photographer, but now... majority of my gear consist of Nikon SLRs & DSLRs and one Leica Rangefinder!

Have been taking snapshots since young starting with my late father's Seagull MF camera, various P+S cameras and more recently was convinced by Goldfish during my NIE days to get a SLR, i.e. an EOS 88.

Then in July 2001, I upgraded to EOS 30 and started my craze on getting well-reviewed lenses within the next 9 mths which I acquired lenses and other accessories like tripods and such, including ranges covering from Ultra-wide, i.e. 16mm, an macro lens which I hardly use (don't bother to ask, as of now I have to intention to sell it) to a decent telephoto range of 400mm.

I'm glad that I sorta wake up from the madness when I slowly realised that better equipment do not mean better photography experience. Still, the temptations to get the lastest and the hottest lenses/ DSLR bodies on the market remains ... haha ... :D

I know it when I got the 10D ... How would I respond when the successor to 10D is released in a years' time? Probably this is a problem faced by the current D60 users ...

Thus at the end day, we still have to ask ourselves ... what do we want to get out of this hobby/interest? ;)

I'm glad that I sorta wake up from the madness when I slowly realised that better equipment do not mean better photography experience. Still, the temptations to get the lastest and the hottest lenses/ DSLR bodies on the market remains ... haha ...

Thus at the end day, we still have to ask ourselves ... what do we want to get out of this hobby/interest?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's probably dependent on the time someone started on photography.... none (or very few) would have started with digital cameras 10 years ago....

I'm stopping a while from the "upgrade" madness too.... unless something really tempting comes along (e.g. D100, S2Pro going for less than $1k) ;p

Start knowing photography when my parents gave me a Hanimex 35mm PnS when I was in high school (1989). Own my first SLR in late 1997 after doing some parttime job at my uni. My first SLR is EOS 500 with 28-80 kit lens. Currently using Nikon setup.

Originally posted by Knighthunter
Start knowing photography when my parents gave me a Hanimex 35mm PnS when I was in high school (1989). Own my first SLR in late 1997 after doing some parttime job at my uni. My first SLR is EOS 500 with 28-80 kit lens. Currently using Nikon setup.
See! From a coconut user to Canon user and now a Nikon user. :D :kok:

Fuji DS120 some cheap compact that was dropped may times by my parents, + a 300dpi scanner Astra 600p.

then FM2 + 50/1.4 from my uncle... no scanner

Started with MF zenits and fujicas m42 mounts, now using Minolta SLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.