Which (desktop publishing?) softwares good to create road signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone know which are some of the recommended softwares that can be used to create icons such as the road signs below?

I need to draw some of them and put them in MS Word. But the drawing tools in Word are just not sophisticated enough for such drawings.

roadsigns.jpg

THANKS!!

Thanks Ortega.

I saw the cliparts. But they are ready mades. What about if I want to design my own? Are there suitable softwares to use? Also, like for eg, I want to design a school badge.

thanks.

Any vector graphics program ought to do the trick: Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand, Fireworks. Even Adobe Indesign can do. The reason why using vectors is the way to go is that you can scale up or down with no loss of sharpness and file sizes are much smaller than a bitmap program.

Yes any vector illustration application will do

Macromedia Freehand
Adobe Illustrator

are the main ones

you can also use CorelDraw!

Oh thanks so much guys! Which one is user friendly and not so steep learning curve?

Can the job be done in Adobe Photoshop? Just a thought...

And does it help if I have a WACOM tablet so that it's easier to draw, rather than use a mouse?

Thanks once again. :thumbsup:

Freehand is easy to use once you get familiar with paths. For road signs, definitely a more effective tool then photoshop. :think:

Thanks Togu! U know roughly how much the shops are selling average for the Macromedia Freehand?

Thanks Togu! U know roughly how much the shops are selling average for the Macromedia Freehand?

Hrm, it's not going to be cheap, near 1k I think. Try to source for the education version, probably 200-300. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.