Which dept in your company do you dislike most?

Which dept in your company do you dislike most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IT folks don’t understand what business is about, they are just interested in control.”

Then the IT group representatives respond that the ‘business’ obviously doesn’t know what it wants because it is always making ‘unreasonable’ demands.

:D :rbounce: :flame:

Originally posted by ninelives
The IT folks don’t understand what business is about, they are just interested in control.”

Then the IT group representatives respond that the ‘business’ obviously doesn’t know what it wants because it is always making ‘unreasonable’ demands.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: agreed!

and the business dept is always expecting the IT folks to come up with solutions in the shortest possible time. like developing a prototype system in 5 days. :confused:

Hmm,
HR do not arrange for better employee benifits.
IT do not always give me the solutions that I want.
Marketing/Sales do not give me the kind of likeable customers.
Finance (I will keep quiet on this one)
Legal like to change a 2 pages contracts to a 200+ pages booklet.
Corp (you referring to the HQ?)

But this is the job and company I choose to work for, so I learn to like them all. That is positive thinking.

Lavendar...are u in legal dept or paper pusher in law firm?

The dept I dislike the most.....corp support, always support the wrong thingy:devil:

Originally posted by Astin
Hmm,
HR do not arrange for better employee benifits.
IT do not always give me the solutions that I want.
Marketing/Sales do not give me the kind of likeable customers.
Finance (I will keep quiet on this one)
Corp (you referring to the HQ?)

But this is the job and company I choose to work for, so I learn to like them all. That is positive thinking.

ah.. so u are a Finance person.

Finance - always say no budget, and take ages to process claims

Originally posted by Astin

Well I don't like to change it from 2 pages to 200+ pages unless the client/company wants all bases covered ;p

ah.. so u are a Finance person.

I am not in Finance, but my job requires me to deal with our Finance department everyday. Sometimes many times a day.

Well I don't like to change it from 2 pages to 200+ pages unless the client/company wants all bases covered

I admire all company legal departments. Imagine asking them the definition of a photographer- the one that set up the camera or the one that press the shutter? :D

I clicked on Sales & Marketing. In any organisation, they are the revenue generating department and hence, they tend to have "big air underneath their armpuits" (crude intended). They don't follow rules, see corporate (or HQ) like nobody, and do what they want - all in under the cover of claimed customers wants and only finding themselves landing into all the wrong potholes.

They only behave themselves (faking) when they realised how big a trouble they are in, which requires other departments to redeem them out of the s***hole. But again, leopards never change their spots, they are same again after the redemption. *sigh*

Anyway, most of them are snobs. Big time! Of course, there are some goods ones, rare tho'.

Top 3 person you should always go lim kopi with, in order of importance

1. CFO
hey, when u need budget for whtever rot reasons, who hv to agree with u?

2. HR
oh, remember who hv the final say on pay increment? recruitment etc? and of coz in most company, this person is the 1st to come in and last to go.

3. CIO
??? I wonder why

PHB

Status
Not open for further replies.