Which deal is better?

JiaSheng

Apr 15, 2010
Hi... i don't have much knowledge about camera but planning to buy one.
Right now, i have 2 deal of camera and both are 2nd hand camera.
1. Canon EOS 1000D $750
2. Canon EOS 350D $500

Based on your opinion, which one will be a better deal? How do we compare camera other than price?

Really thankful if anyone could reply this thread. Thank You.

Just another question, what if the CANON EOS 1000D is a new one and the same price of $750. Will it be a good deal?

Last edited:
Good you are starting photography.

About gears, you need to know the chronology of when they were introduced.

The 300D is older than the 1000D by a few years, exact figure, I can't give you.

As such, if given that the condition that they are in is the same, I'd go for the 1000D. However, you have to physically check both cameras to see the physical condition, the image quality taken with a kit lens ... and through physical handling and inspecting your taken shots then can you tell which is better.

HTH.

Cheers :)

u kana chop liao 1000D second hand worth $750?

i only sold my 450D (body) for $600! and its better then 1000D.

Both to me not good deal.

Keep a look out in BnS section. I am sure you will get better deal.s

I see... really thank for your valuable feedback. Just another question, what if the CANON EOS 1000D is a new one and the same price of $750. Will it be a good deal?

Last edited:
WOW. 1000D cost $750? and 350D cost $500? body only or comes with a good lens (better than kit lens)? if its body only u ask that guy selling go rob la. haha. btw if u r new and u want a DSLR to suit ur needs. buy a 400D for around $400. whereas u can consider the new 1000D as mentioned for $750.

Welcome to CS:)

Have fun with whichever camera you get.

Cheers:D

Click on the Buy and Sell section, i think there are better deals.

welcome to ClubSNAP!

1000D is way too ex for a 2nd hand even with a kit lens...

Hunt at least for 400D or D60 2nd hand for a good start.

i won't go for the 300d, way too old.

for the 1Kd, i think the pricing is too high considering it has been out for a while and that you can get it brand new for just a bit more.

for $750, I'd rather top up just a little bit more to get the Pentax KX with kit lens.

The 1000D price is certainly a no go for 2nd hand.
A far better and new Pentax Kx is only ~$750 with 18-55mm kit lens.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/

This camera compares well even against models that are a few hundred dollars more expensive.

Welcome to CS:)Go for the Pentax K-x.Costs $782 with kit lens only:thumbsup:

Hi i back and i buy a nikon 3000D at the price of $780 after GST. Thank for the offers u all been providing. Right now, my boss need me to shoot some of his products for up coming catalog and when i take his product(badges that is shiny), there is some reflection. I was being taught to take at 45 degree but there is still reflection. Anyone know any method to take photo without reflection other than buying lens. cos my pocket is being burnt

Thank You.

Last edited:
Anyone know any method to take photo without reflection other than buying lens.
Thank You.

Try a circular polariser ? Not sure if that will help.

I think, if the boss requires you to shoot something for his products, he should be paying for the equipment. End of the day of course he owns the equipment ....;)

Hi i back and i buy a nikon 3000D at the price of $780 after GST. Thank for the offers u all been providing. Right now, my boss need me to shoot some of his products for up coming catalog and when i take his product(badges that is shiny), there is some reflection. I was being taught to take at 45 degree but there is still reflection. Anyone know any method to take photo without reflection other than buying lens. cos my pocket is being burnt

Thank You.
diffuse the light?

how does changing lens get rid of the reflection?

Both looks unattractive.