Which DC lowest noise at ISO 1600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
okie.. okie..;p

maybe i never made it clear enough.. which compact PnS DC least noise at ISO 1600?
I know of the F11 and the upcoming FZ7, any other model out there with similar feature?

FZ7 has low noise at ISO1600? Are you sure? Isn't it using the same sized CCD as the previous FZ's? Or has Panasonic improved the CCD & the in-camera processes?

only fuji is well known for their cameras performing low noise at high ISO settings.
for compact cameras they already have bigger chip size than other brands in the market.

karnage said:
FZ7 has low noise at ISO1600? Are you sure? Isn't it using the same sized CCD as the previous FZ's? Or has Panasonic improved the CCD & the in-camera processes?

yes the CCD chip size is the same size as FZ5 so is like no bloody difference at all.
they say can keep low noise at ISO 800/1600,seriously find it hard to believe.

F11 or F10. but warning about the not so friendly menus

Simon_84 said:
yes the CCD chip size is the same size as FZ5 so is like no bloody difference at all.
they say can keep low noise at ISO 800/1600,seriously find it hard to believe.

well the camera isn't really out yet so who knows.

:dunno: what so unfriendly about the menus? I have it.. and I adapted quite quickly from my previous Canon A200 and A95.

I feel panasonic has the most user unfriendly menus.
- aperture/shutter under setting under A/S modes wasn't intuitive.
- Playback/review several past pictures being the most often used mode, you have to turn the knob seated on top and if you shoot at M and want to review previous shots taken and shoot again, you would have made 360 on the knob :dunno: friendly :rolleyes:

Astin said:
And Fuji use xD memory card, and the Fuji digicam product design is not very stylish...
simplistic design that matches me taste :D
every button is within finger reach except the power button*. This is good so I wun turn it off accidentally.

*the tip of my index finger can actually reach the power button but i doubt it's going to happen during normal shooting.

bonifas said:
or.. alternatively reduce the noise using "neatimage software"
http://www.neatimage.com/

can try noise ninja as well but you need to get the profile first to make things easier just like neat image.
but it would save more trouble to have a camera that doesn't need to PS too much.
anyway even those with dslr also PS...

Simon_84 said:
can try noise ninja as well but you need to get the profile first to make things easier just like neat image.
but it would save more trouble to have a camera that doesn't need to PS too much.
anyway even those with dslr also PS...
F10 and 11 already quite noiseless at ISO 1600 already.

I've tried both noise ninja and noise ninja 2. IMHO i feel the older noise ninja did a better job than the newer version. But running so many progs isn't my cup of tea in my PP workflow.

RSKeisuke said:
okie.. okie..;p

maybe i never made it clear enough.. which compact PnS DC least noise at ISO 1600?
I know of the F11 and the upcoming FZ7, any other model out there with similar feature?

First of all, not many PnS cameras can go as high as ISO1600....

Secondly, the FZ7 can only do ISO800 and ISO1600 at a "reduced image size"
meaning there must be some software resizing/interpolation done in-camera.

is the sony r1 considered as a PnS?
cos it gets my vote.

jude

Noise is one of the factor that affect your buying decision of a digicam.
Of coz other factors like price, design, functionality, handling, etc are just
as important.

Try out various models and different brands.
Choose the one that you like.

judeseah said:
is the sony r1 considered as a PnS?
cos it gets my vote.

jude

I think it is considered a high level Prosumer class digicam for its size and functionality.
It has a DSLR size sensor & body. The price is also... :sweat:
Actually, all cameras are P&S if you change to Auto mode. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.