Which country are Canon 300D and Nikon D70 made in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemon_27

Jul 3, 2004
Anyone out there has any idea which country are 300D and D70 made in?
I'm sorry if this question has been posted before. :think:

I know the D70 is made in Thailand. Not too sure about the 300D though.

mpenza said:
300Ds are mostly made in Taiwan if I'm not wrong.

Hmm .. how come its stated "Made In Japan"?

Since most parts are outsourced by manufacturers all over the planet, the politically correct label for the D70 and 300D and everything else should be 'MADE ON EARTH'

dEthANGeL said:
Hmm .. how come its stated "Made In Japan"?

There are actually 2 batches, I've seen made in Taiwan and made in Japan batches in Singapore.

popeye said:
does it matter?

Sometimes it does makes a diff!
Imagine would one want to buy a IWC watch when it is made in Taiwan or China? Think about it!

XXX Boy said:
Sometimes it does makes a diff!
Imagine would one want to buy a IWC watch when it is made in Taiwan or China? Think about it!

Is your prejudice based on fact or speculation? Maybe the Taiwanese made one will be of better quality? Was just reading the recent CAR magazine ratings for automobile reliability, Hyundai beats beloved GERMAN manufacturers like BMW and Audi.

dkw said:
Is your prejudice based on fact or speculation? Maybe the Taiwanese made one will be of better quality? Was just reading the recent CAR magazine ratings for automobile reliability, Hyundai beats beloved GERMAN manufacturers like BMW and Audi.

IWC watches are not made in Taiwan or China, I just use it as an example. And I am sure that noone would gotta buy if it is made in Taiwan or China unless it is selling much cheaper.

why should it be seller cheaper? What you have paid for is the brand itself and not the location it was supposed to be made in. China and Taiwan technology and product quality standards are fast catching up. There are many professional equipment that are on sale in the market now are made in China. Made in China means it is manufactured there. The QC standards employed are set by the manufacturers.

Good or lousy prouducts not an indication of "made-in-where" but "made-by-who" ;p

What I know is, D70 parts are made in Japan and they ship all the parts to Thailand to assamble it. So to me the quarity is still made in Japan, and should still be good. :D

ak6110 said:
What I know is, D70 parts are made in Japan and they ship all the parts to Thailand to assamble it. So to me the quarity is still made in Japan, and should still be good. :D

I dun think so! I believe nowadays outsourcing is from all over the world. I would not be surprised to find out that even the top of the line Nikon F6 have parts and components made in China or Taiwan.

IMHO, as the labor in Thailand is cheaper as compared to Japan (doesn't mean lower quality) , that is one of the many reasons why Nikon could price the D70 at a very competitive rate...like Altis of Toyota etc etc.........

yanyewkay said:
why should it be seller cheaper? What you have paid for is the brand itself and not the location it was supposed to be made in. China and Taiwan technology and product quality standards are fast catching up. There are many professional equipment that are on sale in the market now are made in China. Made in China means it is manufactured there. The QC standards employed are set by the manufacturers.

Good or lousy prouducts not an indication of "made-in-where" but "made-by-who" ;p

yanyewkay said:
why should it be seller cheaper? What you have paid for is the brand itself and not the location it was supposed to be made in.

Agree with u on the rest of the world catching up thing... but your 1st question disturb me greatly...
"why should it be selling cheaper?"
why are these countries outsourcing? Cos its cheaper there... cheaper land cost, labour cost, tax incentives, cheaper everything... And that results in brands being able to offer consumers a similar product at a more attractive price, or put in more value at a same price tag, for a better product : stay competitive..
why should i pay for a brand? a brand does nothing for me other than a feel good factor for being "in", "rich", "fashionable"... Its the QUALITY assurance that a certain brand offers, thru to its aftersales service, that warrants a VALUE of a brand..
And since we are on the topic of QUALITY, sometimes the social mentality of the staff is important as well. Take for example this relief effort for the Tsunami victims.. People are more willing to donate to reputable organisations even when compared to donating to the indonesian military who are helping with the relief efforts on the ground. Its because of people's perception that the aids will not be passed down to the victims, or there will be loss via the distribution channel due to corruption,greed etc.. Thus, though relief WILL be passed down, the people who we entrust to "produce" determine the QUALITY of the final result.
thus i totally agree on your statement :<not made in where but made by who> However, the location do play a big part in who the people are...

Status
Not open for further replies.