Which compact mirror less camera should I get with decent pic quality?

vios15

Sep 9, 2008
Any anyone pls advise me which compact mirror less camera to get with decent pic quality.
Budget ard less than 1k.
Is it better then normal compact camera?

Hi are you looking for compact camera or mirrorless camera because they are very different cameras

For mirrorlass you can look at a5000 or a3000 or the Olympus or Panasonic mirrorless cameras

For compact camera the Sony RX or Canon G7x are good

Looking for mirror lees

For a first overview you can check www.dpreview.com and see what the different makers offer. All reviews have test pictures for various ISO settings, see what matches your idea of 'decent'.

First list down a list of stuff you want for your camera. Not just budget... as for decent picture quality, all camera gives you that. And as to the acceptance level of the image quality it is basically up to oneself. I find myself having pretty low acceptance level... so even when viewing the 5MP output of my mobilephone, I find those acceptable... but obviously when shown to the experts here, it is not acceptable to them.

Having said that and to make things a little easier, looked to the following models that are on sales these days,

1) Olympus EPL5 (around 4xx, I saw one on sale in the Challenger shop in Jurong East IMM).
2) Olympus EPL6 (going off at around 6xx or 8xx with kit lens. Saw them on sale in the Courts in Jurong East Jem).
3) Olympus EPM2 (if you can find one).
4) Panasonic GM5 (new, small and incredible. But don't know price)
5) Samsung NX mini (good image quality, very small, but only two or three native lenses at the moment)
6) Canon EOS-M (excellent image quality, going off pretty cheaply - significantly less than 1k. Okay AF speed, not excellent and comparable to Oly, Sony and Panasonic cameras).
7) Sony A5100

For compact camera,

1) Sony RX100III (more than 1k though)
2) Canon G7X (7xx at the moment)
3) Canon G1X mkII (more than 1k)

I am switching to mirrorless camera too.
After 20 years of SLR and DSLR....
It's not easy to find something good....

i had 10yrs on SLR but stopped for 10yrs as DSLR is too ex and work commitments. recently got an EM10 and was wowed by it...capability, portability, affordability, versatility, kind of summed up my experience with the EM10.

Huh? Can you elaborate what you mean by not easy to find something good? In term of image quality, the mirrorless are as good as DSLR. Sony even have the A7-series of mirrorless camera that feature fullframe sensor. And many mirrorless camera (Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Samsung) are using APS-C sensor.

Sony's A6000 camera boast one of the fastest AF in the market (matching or even surpassing some of the DSLR).

As for image quality, they made no difference... even smaller sensored Olympus and Panasonic mirrorless camera performed excellently as compared to traditional Canon and Nikon.

Fujifilm makes many excellent mirrorless cameras too. X-pro 1 is amazing, but a little large and old. If you can live with a fixed 35mm lens, the new X100-T is pretty phenomenal

Huh? Can you elaborate what you mean by not easy to find something good? In term of image quality, the mirrorless are as good as DSLR. Sony even have the A7-series of mirrorless camera that feature fullframe sensor. And many mirrorless camera (Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Samsung) are using APS-C sensor.

Sony's A6000 camera boast one of the fastest AF in the market (matching or even surpassing some of the DSLR).

As for image quality, they made no difference... even smaller sensored Olympus and Panasonic mirrorless camera performed excellently as compared to traditional Canon and Nikon.

I think what he means is that it is hard to find a DSLR or other system that exactly matches all our wants/needs. There are trade offs between all the choices, but even the most expensive of the cameras will not perfectly suit out wants. They will exceed our expectations in some areas while disappoint in others.

just buy either Panasonic GX7 or Olympus EM10 or EM1

Thks for all the recommendation and sharing. Me just bought a Samsung NX300M