which compact digicam with full manual control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panasonic LC1.

Canon Powershot A70 / A80.
Shutter priority, aperture priority, full manual.

A70 is replaced by A75, and it costs only $499... *drool*

Yupyup, affordable, pretty compact, super economical on power... when I was using the a70, my 2100 NiMH batteries lasted me quite a few days of holiday phototaking! It's a really great camera...

if comparing canon 75/80 with S1IS.... other than the IS mode and 10x optical.... feature wise and quality of picture and lens? which is better?

only had a few cameras before so not too sure which is a better buy...

Had a v1... dun really like it....hee
LC1 is huge....imho...but LC1 really retro looking...hee

kegler said:
if comparing canon 75/80 with S1IS.... other than the IS mode and 10x optical.... feature wise and quality of picture and lens? which is better?

what is it that you don't like abt sony v1?

I'm looking at sony w1 vs canon a80/g5

Snowcrash said:
what is it that you don't like abt sony v1?

I'm looking at sony w1 vs canon a80/g5

picture quality i find it ok.... its only the bulid of the camera that i don't like...the protuding lens is loose.... hold a v1 with full tele u will know wat i mean... anyway...i haven't tried alot of dc before... but i find that sony dc can handle low light very well... only tried canon n sony so far...hee...

considering z2 or maybe wait for z3.... but dunno why minolta like to design weird looking DC....zzz

kegler said:

Hi,

besides those that you mention... featurewise, A75/80 and S1IS should be about the same. However, A80 is 4 Megapixels and uses a bigger CCD compared to the rest.

Autofocus and shutter is a bit slow on the Canon models.... (at least that's what i feel......) otherwise... very good camera....

Sony W1 - no full manual control, 5 mega pixels, fast startup, fast autofocus, minimal shutter lag, nice design(subjective....) not forgetting the 2.5" LCD screen..... ;)

But seriously... do you have some guideline for your selection??
like budget?
weight?
size?

just my $0.000002..........

budget n weight -anything
size - as long as smaller than canonS1

was looking at fz10.... like it overall just that i feel it abit huge to carry it around...esp on a holiday... i got a canon v2....like it very much...too bad its only a 2mp....looking for something higher reso and able to take shots in night time.... V2 can't take anything in low light.... even i on the shutter longer time.... i also see black screen.... anyway too many models ard.... read the reviews seems like most of the DC nowdays can handle low light well? perhaps its technology....haahaa... or perhaps a ixus500 will suit my needs?

thx

You may want to consider Sony F828.

f828_front_blk2.jpg

f828_exploded.jpg

f828 big big.... zzz....but i like the shape....nice to hold....had a f717....
but looking for something small yet powerfull for P&S and low light(esp at night)

Status
Not open for further replies.