Which compact camera has good anti-blur technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Success

Jan 22, 2006
I am looking for buy another compact camera to replace my dimage.

Which compact camera has good anti-blur technology and can take good pictures at night?

Success said:

Which compact camera has good anti-blur technology and can take good pictures at night?
nite photography is still better to use a tripod...

u can consder fuji f11 high iso performance....

For compact with anti-blur/anti-shake, I think have few alternative:
1. Panasonic FX9 with Mega OIS, or FX01 to be released soon
2. Fuji F11 not anti-shake, but capable up to ISO 1600
3. Fuji Z2 smaller than F11 also capable up to ISO 1600

Thanks,

from your ranking, is lumix anti-shake technology better than others?

Success said:

Panasonic FZ5, Sony H1 and Canon S2 IS all have anti-shake technology. Fuji F11 allows photos to be taken at ISO1600 to reduce shuttle speed. All priced at about 550-600+. However, to take proper night scenes, a cheap and light tripod might give u better result.

You can check out the general review here: http://www.dpreview.com/

how bout Canon's upcoming Ixus 800 IS.. has IS and high ISO, but don't think it'll come that cheap.. can check it out here
as mentioned before, the best is use a tripod..

Success said:

ok now... anti blur have 2 different reasons and it's up to you to decide which type of blur ur trying to avoid... (erm i dun mean the sotong blur type haha)

one is due to hand shake or well vibrations to th camera at low shutter speed. it's up to different ppl how much their hand shake and stuff.

another is due to movement of the subject. at low shutter speed, if the subject is moving, then it will cause a blur lor...

the first one could be handled better by OIS or image stabilization the other one high iso is better.

F30 is coming out by fuji. it sounds good. maybe u should wait for it. for OIS, the lumix series are good.

FX01 - world’s smallest camera with 28mm wide angle lens

looks good, I hope they release this soon.

Personally I found panasonic's anti-shake mechanism slightly better than konica minolta's and canon's. Not to mention I find photos from panasonic cameras WAY sharper with better colour.

Check this out..
http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=167246
It's pretty indicative of the images you can get out of a panasonic camera.

Wait for the FX01.. Wide angle lens, and ISO1600, and (what i feel is) the best image stabilizer, with leica lenses.. Hard to beat..

thanks, any idea when FX01 will be out?

cheersjy said:
Panasonic FZ5, Sony H1 and Canon S2 IS all have anti-shake technology. Fuji F11 allows photos to be taken at ISO1600 to reduce shuttle speed. All priced at about 550-600+. However, to take proper night scenes, a cheap and light tripod might give u better result.

You can check out the general review here: http://www.dpreview.com/

Panasonic Lumix FZ-5 is only $410 from MS Color.

Success said:

Here are reviews by Dpreveiw on some Anti-shake cameras

Panasonic - FZ5 - OIS - Effective image stabilization

Konica Minolta - Z5 - Anti Shake - Very effective Anti-Shake system

Canon - Power Shot S2 - IS - Image stabilization works really well

Sony - H1 - Super Steady Shot - marginally less effective than those found in the Canon S2 IS and Panasonic FZ series

Status
Not open for further replies.