Which compact camera body would you like to have

PhotoBees

Jun 16, 2010
East
There are a lot of hype for the new camera bodies from Sony, Fujifilm, Ricoh, Panasonic and Olympus. Just thinking if which camera set would you like to have:

Leica M9. thanks very much. you're offering to give us what we would like to have right?

Hahaha. M9 is not on the poll because I don't have budget for it. Me torn between Sony Nex7 and X-Pro1 but maybe this poll can change my mind.

why buy something that every uses? in the end you might not be happy with what everyone else is using.

Hahaha. M9 is not on the poll because I don't have budget for it. Me torn between Sony Nex7 and X-Pro1 but maybe this poll can change my mind.

Buy whats right for you, not what others tell you to. Be an adult, make your own decision.

Of course I will buy what I think is right for me. I just want to know the popular choice amongst you guys reason why I have the poll. Are you not curious which of these new products are much awaited and hot?

Im not curious. lol.. im only interested in the 1 im interested..

Of course I will buy what I think is right for me. I just want to know the popular choice amongst you guys reason why I have the poll. Are you not curious which of these new products are much awaited and hot?

Nope. Because I'm not a fashionista who buys what is "hot" or "much awaited". I place value on how it would help me as a tool, not on whether or not people will "oooh" and "aaah" over it.

a G12 or G1x that runs on AA batteries.

ah well.

I'm not curious too as there is already plenty of info and write-ups via the web for all the cameras mentioned to help me decide.

Unless TS is using this for research and other work/school related purposes.

Nah. It's to pick up chicks.

there're some farms at the Lim Chu Kang area that have many chicks. but of course, they might not take so well to a large human form trying to scoop up as many as possible with 2 hands

Nah. It's to pick up chicks.

Hahaha! Nice! But I'm strictly monogamous. :)Also you don't need camera to be a chick magnet.:cool: Also thank you guys for replying and posting because it refreshes the post. Keep it up! ;)

Last edited:
A bit too many gaps in your poll. Why not G3/GH2? I find that a better proposition to EP3/GX1 for m4/3.

Ricoh GXR with A16 module seems to be a limiting option compared to the others listed, shouldn't it be GXR with M-module or the 28mm and 50mm modules?

If its a camera system right now, I'd go for m4/3 with its avaliable choices of small primes or pancake zoom.

The Fuji XPro1 would be the one to watch for me if the lenses perform well. No system on APS-C format atm has given a better proposition of small and fast native lenses like the Fuji has, which is its strongest point.

But I'm really waiting for Pentax K-mount MILC :D

kei1309 said:
Leica M9. thanks very much. you're offering to give us what we would like to have right?

Apparently poor metering, bad at high ISO, manual focus, no VR/IS, manual focus, and way over priced (usually also means servicing cost a bomb)... You sure you want?

A bit too many gaps in your poll. Why not G3/GH2? I find that a better proposition to EP3/GX1 for m4/3.

Ricoh GXR with A16 module seems to be a limiting option compared to the others listed, shouldn't it be GXR with M-module or the 28mm and 50mm modules?

If its a camera system right now, I'd go for m4/3 with its avaliable choices of small primes or pancake zoom.

The Fuji XPro1 would be the one to watch for me if the lenses perform well. No system on APS-C format atm has given a better proposition of small and fast native lenses like the Fuji has, which is its strongest point.

But I'm really waiting for Pentax K-mount MILC :D

Hi. Thanks for highlighting these details. I guess I need to read more on m4/3.

personally i would choose Nex 7 , x1pro or GXR in no order IF you want to mount M mount lenses. with nex 7 and gxr being my first 2 choices cos of peaking mode. till now i dont think any has been said on the manual focusing of x1pro i believe..

if i were to buy a new system completely without considering other mount lenses and need AF, i would choose EP3/Om-D/GX1 with 12 f2/25 1.4 m4/3 lenses.

if i were to mount all sorts of lenses and have largest MP count, nex7.
as of now, nex series e-mount dont have alot of lenses to offer, so it is very hard to commit too much to it.. so nex 7 will mainly be used to do all sort of lenses haha.
so really boils down to your needs. X1pro to the previews i have seen, dont really perform that well to AF, so if AF is your kind of thing, then m4/3 bodies like OM-D , gx1, ep3 will serve u better. i just randomly chose OM-D btw, cos i would love to see what they would offer on this.

mini-1.jpg

mini-2.jpg

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: 1Ds III + 600mm, miniature version