Which Charger is the best for Sanyo 2500mA AA Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Have seen many friends here using different chargers/models. Just wondering which one is the best for these Sanyo 2500mA AA batteries?

1. The Smart Sanyo Quick Charger
2. Sanyo Refresh Quick Charger
3. Sanyo 1hour Quick Charger
4. Other brands/models?

Any comparison and suggestion on this? I'm still using the Sanyo Super Quick Charger (NC-MQH01U) which came with my Sanyo 2300mA AA batteries. It looks exactly the same as the new 1hour Sanyo Super Quick Charger but the model number is a little bit different. And it charges 2 2300mA AA batteries in about 1hour too. Will this old NC-MQH01U be okay when charging the 2500mA batteries? I might change it if other model/brand is better.

Thanks for your feedback and cheers!

try nexcell. A bit high, around $55 for their best model. But charging cool and individually keeps my battery alive longer and better compared to a few other brands I have used. Charger lasted very long too. More than 2 years of abuse and still kicking.

Thanks Tang and Anon for the feedback. Hmm, so the Sanyo ones aren't any good I guess. Will see if we can get some better prices on these other brands :)

Cheers!

TMC said:
Maha is good.

can the maha charger charge different Amp ratings....for example 2300 and 2500

telefax said:
can the maha charger charge different Amp ratings....for example 2300 and 2500

Maha charges at 2 ratings 1000mA for fast charge(100min) and 300mA for slow charge(5hr). If you google online think PowerEx rank amongst the better battery makers and chargers. Heard abt the new La-Crosse but this is about half the price. Won't be able to get it at Eastgear cos they always dun have stock. Can try TCW though, got mine there.

:)

hi fengwei,

since we're on the topic of 2500Mah Sanyo batteries, allow me to ask a question.

Does ya batteries lose its charge within 1 week of charging?

I've bought this sanyo 2500Mah batteries for abt 6months and i realise the battery will become flat within one week of charging. It's i charges all the 4 batteries and use it on my camera. I took a few shots and the batteries remained in my cam. when i try using the cam again one week ago, the camera showed 'low battery' sign.

does that happen to you guys?

you got a lousy batch of sanyo batteries. there has been a lot of talk around it here. bring your batts to Sanyo's office at The Heeren for an exchange

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
you got a lousy batch of sanyo batteries. there has been a lot of talk around it here. bring your batts to Sanyo's office at The Heeren for an exchange

oh yes, didnt realise its a common issues with others..
just noticed it in the forum

thanks isa..

ordinaryless said:
oh yes, didnt realise its a common issues with others..
just noticed it in the forum

thanks isa..

Sorry for the problem with your batteries. Guess you've found the cure ;)

Good luck!

enghong17 said:
Maha charges at 2 ratings 1000mA for fast charge(100min) and 300mA for slow charge(5hr). If you google online think PowerEx rank amongst the better battery makers and chargers. Heard abt the new La-Crosse but this is about half the price. Won't be able to get it at Eastgear cos they always dun have stock. Can try TCW though, got mine there.

Sorry, can't quite understand what you said here. Can illuminate abit? So this charge can charge those 2500mA Sanyo batteries, right? How long it's gonna take to charge 4 AA batteries to full?

Thanks.

fengwei said:
Any price info about this Maha charger?

Thanks.

I am using a maha charger also, C401FS, costs about $50.
It can charge batteries independently, ie. 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.
Seems ok so far.

pohsoon said:
I am using a maha charger also, C401FS, costs about $50.
It can charge batteries independently, ie. 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.
Seems ok so far.

Thanks. Just called TCW, the Maha C401FS quoted for S$50 without battery. I guess that's the price we need to pay lah :)

Thanks again, and cheers!

fengwei said:
Sorry, can't quite understand what you said here. Can illuminate abit? So this charge can charge those 2500mA Sanyo batteries, right? How long it's gonna take to charge 4 AA batteries to full?

Thanks.

Ha was copying what's off the user manual.....but then if according to that it will not charge the 2500mAh batts in 100min cos its only 1000mAh->will take 2.5hrs.(150 min).

Yea it will charge any battery cos it has circuitary mointoring the charging.

Btw if you ask nicely, it may be slightly cheaper.

enghong17 said:
Ha was copying what's off the user manual.....but then if according to that it will not charge the 2500mAh batts in 100min cos its only 1000mAh->will take 2.5hrs.(150 min).

Yea it will charge any battery cos it has circuitary mointoring the charging.

Btw if you ask nicely, it may be slightly cheaper.

Thanks for the explaination. Will try my luck when I stopby TCW over the weekend :)

Cheers!

Maha Powerex MH-C204W One Hour Charger - WorldWide NiMH Battery Charger vs
Maha Powerex MH-C401FS Battery Charger - 100 Minute Cool Battery Charger

Which one would you choose? Seems the C204W is pretty small, and doesn't need a power adaptor. Might be easy to carry around. How do you think?

Thanks.

bought MAHA C401FS charger for $45, quite happy with it.
can select 100 minute rapid charge and 5-hour gentle charge.
The 5-hour gentle charge is designed to reduce batt temperature during charging and enhance overall batt life. When charging time is not critical, use slow 5-hour gentle charge.:thumbsup:

fengwei said:
Maha Powerex MH-C204W One Hour Charger - WorldWide NiMH Battery Charger vs
Maha Powerex MH-C401FS Battery Charger - 100 Minute Cool Battery Charger

Which one would you choose? Seems the C204W is pretty small, and doesn't need a power adaptor. Might be easy to carry around. How do you think?

Thanks.

Haha, rem i said the Maha Charger was hard to find? That was for the C401FS. Try finding other Maha Products. If you find their batts in Singapore let me know. I wanna get some replacements..........:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.