Which CF to buy with D70 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watcher said:
You?!? You know which one lah! Most old birds here know of your CF cards... ;).

Totally agree as 300+ shots (about 8-9 rolls) is more than enough for an event or model shoot...

Actually if you use a reliable card, there's nothing much to worry about data damage but as I always like to use Murphy's law, "if it will happen, it will", you can use 20 x 32MB CF and if Murphy's law kicks in, all 20 will die, it will die. :)

I'm recommending 1GB because each shot at JPEG Large is 2.6MB+, effectively, 303 (shown on the LCD) but is able to hit about 350+ shots a time (I only managed to fill it up once :bsmilie: ). Lexar is more reliable I feel, similar to Transcend, both has never failed me. Carrying 512 X 1 or 1GB x 1, depends on the users and their usage, I personally like to shoot large (aka JPEG-Large).

Btw, I tried RAW yesterday, wow... love it esp on NC 4. :) So I think a 1GB CF is not even enough for RAW!

espn said:
Btw, I tried RAW yesterday, wow... love it esp on NC 4. :) So I think a 1GB CF is not even enough for RAW!

If you shoot exclusively RAW, 4GB also not enough...

AJ23 said:
If you shoot exclusively RAW, 4GB also not enough...
AJ23 --> :kok: <-- espn

Now... don't you dare start... :nono:

espn said:
AJ23 --> :kok: <-- espn

Now... don't you dare start... :nono:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

What did I do wrong?......

Anyway, one can always use external portable devices like X-Drive, etc to transfer what... Or ...... :angel:

AJ23 said:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

What did I do wrong?......

Anyway, one can always use external portable devices like X-Drive, etc to transfer what... Or ...... :angel:

where can i find the more information for x drive ? ...

i have one notebook hardisk and plan to buy the x drive casing so i can make full use of my hardisk.

Beachboy said:
where can i find the more information for x drive ? ...

i have one notebook hardisk and plan to buy the x drive casing so i can make full use of my hardisk.

My all-time favourite distributor for such gadgets - www.eastgear.com ;)

Beachboy said:
thanks for the link .. but did any shop are sale the casing only ?

I was at Pk computer at Herren yesterday. They do sell just the x drive. Not really sure whats the price.

Roger :)

U can try Universal Storage at Sim lin SQ... I think it is at #04-22.... They did sell x-drive II with or without HDD. Should be around $149 with GST for the casing alone...:)

espn said:
I'm recommending 1GB because each shot at JPEG Large is 2.6MB+, effectively, 303 (shown on the LCD) but is able to hit about 350+ shots a time (I only managed to fill it up once :bsmilie: ).

You get 303 on LCD with your 1GB Lexar loaded? I only get 293... hmmm... :dunno:

GYR

MS color quoted me $375 for the lexar 1GB WA.

jpzy87 said:
MS color quoted me $375 for the lexar 1GB WA.

Good price, I got mine for $399 at Eastgear about a month ago

Yesterday i just got the lexar 40x wa 512mb CF card at eastgear for $199.

Big size cards care currently sold out there.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.