which CF card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vroom1

Nov 14, 2007
hi, csers, i have 2 CF card brand in my mind now but donno what CF card to choose from.

1. sandisk ultra 2 2GB
2. kingston Elite Pro 133X 2GB

btw anywhere selling sandisk or kingston CF card cheap?

thanks.

2GB is enough for me. anyone knows where can i get sandisk CF card cheap?

SanDisk..me using 8GB Ultra 2...:thumbsup:

Why SanDisk Ultra 2? 133x is faster that Ultra 2 and much cheaper. Please help to explain why SanDisk is preferred over Kingston. Thanks.

I prefer the sandisk warranty for some reason. When I first bought I compared warranties, but I cant remember specifically why now. Hahs.

Im using 2 pieces of 4GB ultra II, and a piece of the free 2GB ultra II..

I think the diff between kingston and sandisk is that kingston 133x is a possibility, but the sandisk rating is guranteed?

Kingston rated speed is slower....:)

Don't think what you stated is entirely correct. To be factual, Kingston 133x (at 20MB/s) is faster than SanDisk II (at 9MB/s). SanDisk Extreme III is also at 20MB/s but Extreme IV is faster (at 40MB/s). So why go for SanDisk Ultra II is it is slower and most costly than Kingston 133x?

I prefer the sandisk warranty for some reason. When I first bought I compared warranties, but I cant remember specifically why now. Hahs.

Im using 2 pieces of 4GB ultra II, and a piece of the free 2GB ultra II..

I think the diff between kingston and sandisk is that kingston 133x is a possibility, but the sandisk rating is guranteed?

Well, the tests conducte don Kingston 133x has very good results. See the test report:
http://www.kingston.com/asia/press/2007/local_media/DP_PH_072007.pdf
I am still very curious why more people go for Sandisk Ultra II. Is it based solely on the "reputation" or were there bad reports/experience with Kingston. I have both SanDisk Ultra 2 (package with my 400D) and Kingston. Thinking of getting another 4GB CF but shoudl it be Kinston 133x or Ultra 2?

Go for Sandisk Extreme Ducati Edition (lifetime warranty)- best of the best :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your other choice is Lexar Professional 300x UDMA (lifetime warranty). Another proven memory card maker :thumbsup:.

Sandisk Ultra II (only 1-year warranty :(). I once did a one-to-one exchange for a faulty Sandisk Extreme III after 17 months. The staff at Vector Magnetics are very friendly.

Bottomline is, you wouldn't want to scrooge on memory card and regret later :sweat:. Your images depend on it.

Don't think what you stated is entirely correct. To be factual, Kingston 133x (at 20MB/s) is faster than SanDisk II (at 9MB/s). SanDisk Extreme III is also at 20MB/s but Extreme IV is faster (at 40MB/s). So why go for SanDisk Ultra II is it is slower and most costly than Kingston 133x?

I have both cards , I noe which one is better, I dun depends on preview...wat I said is solely my opinion...:D

I have both cards , I noe which one is better, I dun depends on preview...wat I said is solely my opinion...:D

Dear AxeLa,
Please share with us how do you tell which is better. Did your experience faster transfer speed with the Ultra II as compared to Kinston 133x.

I totally agree with the advantge of lift-time warranty. Will seriously consider the benefits. Thanks.

Dear AxeLa,
Please share with us how do you tell which is better. Did your experience faster transfer speed with the Ultra II as compared to Kinston 133x.

I totally agree with the advantge of lift-time warranty. Will seriously consider the benefits. Thanks.
Yup faster transfer speed using card reader...:thumbsup:

all kingston memory cards have lifetime warranty. if its spoilt or its not working, go down to convergent to get it changed FOC.

Yup faster transfer speed using card reader...:thumbsup:

erm, so you have both the ultra II and kingston 133x? which is better?

Dear AxeLa,

I have done enough R&D testing of device using Flash memory. In life test & extreme temperature range & mechanical stress testing... those kind that subject electronics devices to extreme enviromental testing.....

trust me, Sandisk is worth every cent, not that it doesnt fail, it's failure rate is extremely rare compared to others...period....... before I get sued :sweat:

**to each it's own I guess..... my experience tells me to get sandisk and I am using sandisk extreme III..:thumbsup:

don mind either, been using kingston elite 50x SD for about 2yrs and taken more than 35k shot with 2 of the cards and so far not even one corruption or lost... :)

its just like buying a car... each has its own quality control... even with toyota which has the best reliablity in the WORLD... some times u'll be lucky enough to get a lemon... BUT the chances are lesser...

If you buy a brand which u think u can make do and pay less. Just do not blame it on the card maker when it fails. You decided the deal, they just offer (watching too much deal or no deal)

I'm using extreme III btw... have a ultra II as a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.