Which CF card work with Canon 10D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
I thought I can fine this thread here. But surprised to get none. So can you guys advise? In the market now, I saw Twinmos, Lexar & Sandisk offer high speed read/write. Which one better more stable, more value for money?

:dunno:

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
No helpful souls? I bought a Twinmos ultra-high speed (70X). Found out it doesn't work with 10D. :blah:

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
That is very strange indeed. Normally brand of CF is irrelevant. Anyway I know for sure Lexar, Sandisk and Hagiwara works on 10D....or any camera for that matter.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Its the speed. 70X. I just found out from the shop after calling them that it had problem with Nikon dslr too. Strangely, it work with A80!

Jun 17, 2004
Bishan
Eh, did you get the CF card from the same shop you got your camera from? Can always go back and complain and exchange for another brand - must be lousy sales person... The read/write speed does matter, if the card's speed is too slow it'll not work with the camera, that's why I always get the first card (for the camera) from the shop that sells you the camera - same day. (That's my insurance.)

Where is Twinmos made in?
Hope you're able to get an exchange (maybe top-up a little) - go for the American brands (1st choice), Japanese brands (2nd choice, costlier), no third choice - normally not reliable or Read/Write is too slow...

I uses LEXAR (1GB), because ScanDisk Ultra II was a little costlier.
My choice was based on Read/Write speed.
Good luck on your exchange - put your foot down but be friendly, it helps to get a faster exchange. :sweat:

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Hi, Managed to exchange it with the same brand but working one. This SL Sq shop is quite good. Fuwell at 3rd and 4th floor.

I tested on the spot, vs my Sandisk Ultra II (60X). It appear a little slower than Sandisk, but it claim to be 70X. Even the distributer is surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom