Which CF Card for EOS 10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoAnt

Jul 11, 2004
I am buying the Canon EOS 10D. Some reviews about memory cards says that some makes are more suitable than others; ie. they give higher write speeds. It has been recommended to by Type II cards.

Can you guys share your experience which cards that are available in SG is the most suitable for this model.

Appreciate your advice and thanks in advance. :)

actually...

anyone also can :bsmilie:

Lexar has a 1GB CF 80x. Think this is one of the fastest CF card available.MS Colour going for less than $500.

You may consider buying it later if u want the 80x, cos according to them the price may drop. ;)

ReSpawN said:
Lexar has a 1GB CF 80x. Think this is one of the fastest CF card available.MS Colour going for less than $500.

You may consider buying it later if u want the 80x, cos according to them the price may drop. ;)

Thanks ReSpawN...somebody is selling one at RP$430. Good deal? :confused:

I'm using Sandisk's Ultra II for my 10D. Extremely fast writing speed. Just choot and choot. No problem at all.

May want to try the Extreme one day, when I dio toto. :D

For 10D, actually u dun need to get the fastest card on earth. This is because the bottleneck is the interface and not the CF card.

Yes, Sandisk Extreme is fastest, but does it worth the extra $$ spent?

Take for example, the more affordable Transcend 45x has a write speed of 1260KB/s while Sandisk Extreme has a write speed of 1384KB/s. That's less than 10% improvement.

As the reviewer has mentioned, the performance for the top 10 cards is about the same, so why bother to pay the premium to get the fastest card when there are cheaper cards out there that are equally fast? (probably the reviewer should mention this too).

Also, it depends how often you can fill up the buffer and how often u need to review your image. For me, once i get the exposure right for the first few shots, I will rather not waste time reviewing the picture and miss other important shots :D

On the other hand, for some cameras like D70, Sandisk Extreme is more than 1000KB/s faster than Transcend 45x (that's almost 30%) :eek: Then i will consider invest in one :D

Actually, i have compared head-to-head on the Lexar 80X WA vs Sandisk Ultra II, A/B compario with the same subject, settings etc. Camera is D70. Funny thing is, i was consistently able to burst more at 3fps. It's not only my camera, another forum member got the same conclusion after he tried it out.

How much more? The Lexar got about 13-14 frames while Ultra II got 18-19. That's not insignificant. And yes, the D70 is able to take advantage of WA, at least as specified on paper.

Sandisk has lowered the price for their CF cards, so it make sense to get them. I've tried with their normal cards and Ultra II. I feel that the Ultra IIs made a difference to me. Much faster in terms of writing/reading speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.