Which CF card do you use for your canon Dslr and your remark

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Just want to find out more about CF card before I buy one. ;)

Thanks for helping.

I also use Sandisk Ultra II 512Mb and a Korean one call Hanbit 48X 512Mb. Was going to buy more.

actually its very simple.. can use can already ;-)

clive said:
actually its very simple.. can use can already ;-)

Of course. but which one is fast, stable, value for money?

Lexar 40x 1GB for me. It has WA (write acceleration), image rescue and a jumpshot CF card reader.

Used the Sandisk Extreme 512.

Ok lah, so far so good. Din gimme problems.

Me on 512Mb Ultra II. So far so good with the card. :)

If going to get another one, will still be Ultra II. :D

me try upgrade from
transced 45x 512mb -> sandisk ultra II 512mb -> lexar WA 80x 1gb
no much performance differences between them

Ivan11 said:
Lexar 40x 1GB for me. It has WA (write acceleration), image rescue and a jumpshot CF card reader.

write acceleration does not work with canon digital cams right?

believe it or not i use entry level Kingston 512MB which cost about RM250 for my most of my assigment. I've use it on D60, 10D, 1D, btw i shoot mostly action sports

I'm using twinmos as well as hagiwara 512MB cards.

10D has a relatively slow write speed (just take a look at the CF Database). Using a 60x card as opposed to a 20x one merely yields a very small increase in performance.

Considering the 9 frame buffer, chances are, it wouldn't really matter for the casual shooter (and even some professional photographers).

imaginary_number said:
10D has a relatively slow write speed (just take a look at the CF Database). Using a 60x card as opposed to a 20x one merely yields a very small increase in performance.

Considering the 9 frame buffer, chances are, it wouldn't really matter for the casual shooter (and even some professional photographers).

i never use a fast card as well, well i never have the need for fast cards with the 9 frame buffer as well. i use hagiwara 1gb, i have already exchange 1 due to a bad sector what develop after 7 months of usage.

i never tried a lexar, but i think they're overpriced for what a consumer needs.

sandisk ultra 2 for me 512. (60x)
then next in line comes a ridata pro 256 (52x)
then hagiwara 256 (30x).

i got the ridata last.. the hagiwara is really not used that frequently now. reason ? it's just too slow. yes contary to what someone said, you CAN see the difference between a 30x and 60x card. significant. my sandisk and ridata seem to function at the same speed though.

the hagiwara is just too slow to cut it for continuous shooting applications. i just try to avoid using it unless necessary.

The Lexar 80x series is out. 512M selling for $269. Sandisk Ultra II 512M is $229. I am using the lexar on my 10D, its fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.