which car

which car?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

offspring

Jun 3, 2003
www.momofuku.asia
with the recent low COE, am thinking of buying a car. i have shortlisted 3 models as per poll (mainly based on price :D )

any advise on which model or other comparable priced models?

cheers

Anything but Japs car!

Take the Vios if you're on a budget... same engine as the 1.5 VVTi Corolla - fuel economical and decent power.

offspring said:
any reason?

Low in metal quality!

Dont buy honda, All honda drivers are Taxi drivers cause they never gives way, same same kind of attitude! though honda is a good car.

All honda drivers are Taxi drivers cause they never gives way, same same kind of attitude!

Watch it! :angry: ;) :)

I drive a Honda and under no circumstances do I drive like the majority of the taxi drivers on this island! How insulting!

I recommend a Honda - very reliable and obviously gives you the license to drive like a maniac, stop wherever you want (as long as you put the hazard lights on), discard the mirrors (what are they for again?) and charge any passengers! Winner!

er.. 90% of singaporean drivers sucks,
1.) they don't give way,
2) they switch lanes either racklessly or cannot make up their mind.
3) they drive at the extreme right lane at 70km/hr
4) they talk on the phone while driving
5) they will linger around your side slightly behind the tail and when you signal to overtake they will floor the accelorator so you cannot overtake them
6) they refuse to let any vehicle trying to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle into their lane.
7) Taxi drivers will cut from the third lane to the first lane to pick up a customer, they will cut then signal. well done almost got killed by them a few times already.
8) the bigger car owners think they own the road, driving on 2 lanes at the same time, or they move from one lane to another expecting other cars to give way to them
9) almost all don't check their blind spots

T.Vios is freaking easy car to drive, very effortless... just that when reversing it makes alot of beeping sounds which can be abit irritating

For $67,388, I will place my bet on the Daihatsu YRV TURBO

Boring interior but this pocket rocket is damn fun on the road! Though a Daihatsu, it is empowered by the Toyota K3-VET, which is the same engine block as the Toyota Echo/Vitz.

The engine is a 1.3 litre VVTI turbo charged. Power output is 140 PS @ 6,400 rpm which is the same as most 2,000cc car's engine :eek: And the fuel consumption of this little beast is an impressive 15.6 L/km.

Other things include a panaroma smoke glass roof, stiffen suspension, tiptronic gear shifting, etc.

Been eyeing this little fellow for more than a year now :think:

To phildate: No offends ... Honda cars are good, not the driver! hope u are the 1% out of the 99% lousy bad influence!

Same goes to Subaru! All Su...kers! :D

Oh forget to tell u guys A REAL LIFE ENCOUNTER!!!

While driving down Orchard Stamford rd near ParkMall one evening saw 5 to 6 Mok-up Hondas (Think it a Honda Gang) ... Driving like Championship Rally to wards Orchard Boulevard, Driving so Fast n Crazy!

Though I've seen the last of them, 5-10 mins later saw them AGAIN! Near Tanglin Mall, one Honda was over turn, another Honda was crash facing the wrong way of the road, the rest of Hondas was parking by the side calling for help!

Really make my day, me was laughing all the way home!

Conclusion of story, There Are people worst than Stupid with a Hondas!

Honda or Toyota etc .. etc, to me all are good Cars, but mostly Ah Beng chose Hondas n Subaru n brainlessly Ugly mok-up!

Though I've seen the last of them, 5-10 mins later saw them AGAIN! Near Tanglin Mall, one Honda was over turn, another Honda was crash facing the wrong way of the road, the rest of Hondas was parking by the side calling for help!

Wish I'd seen this. Seen a couple of Honda Jazz turned over now...be careful if you buy one. I drive the Jazz and it's great little car. Haven't turned it over yet and I don't think I display the bad habits of other drivers (I can understand White Mercedes drivers having a bad rep...but Hondas...don't get it)

Anyone snap the above incident??

Civic is the Black Cat, not Jazz, personally i think Jazz is Cute!

lovells19 said:
sometime its not about the car. its about the driver :D

i agree it's all about the drivers, any car that ends up with a reckless driver can become dangerous lor. i saw aunties drove celica and subaru before and they drove it in the .... auntie or housewife ways (very safe lah basically)

i will pick Vios lor, it's so much more cheaper than the altis, performance is almost the same. sunny hehe quite boring for my liking hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.