which car

which car?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chisiang said:
For $67,388, I will place my bet on the Daihatsu YRV TURBO

Boring interior but this pocket rocket is damn fun on the road! Though a Daihatsu, it is empowered by the Toyota K3-VET, which is the same engine block as the Toyota Echo/Vitz.

The engine is a 1.3 litre VVTI turbo charged. Power output is 140 PS @ 6,400 rpm which is the same as most 2,000cc car's engine :eek: And the fuel consumption of this little beast is an impressive 15.6 L/km.

Other things include a panaroma smoke glass roof, stiffen suspension, tiptronic gear shifting, etc.

Been eyeing this little fellow for more than a year now :think:

15.6 liters per km? thats super high. i think you mean 15.6km/l...

stout said:
To phildate: No offends ... Honda cars are good, not the driver! hope u are the 1% out of the 99% lousy bad influence!

Same goes to Subaru! All Su...kers! :D

you seem very offernded by these 2 kinda car drivers... i think its the young hot headed drivers that put you off... and these tend to buy hondas and suburus because the cars are fast. take it easy dude. surely you dont mean 1%?

I like the Sunny, I think it's slightly more spacious than the 2 other models you listed here.

But I like Sunny... though I don't drive one myself.

RuthBaby said:
dunno why.. dun like nissan sunny.. not my kind
hehehehehe
I like the Subaru Impreza 1.6TS. Do up a bit looks like Ah Beng car... That's my next car.... Hahaha.. I just like the car...

I think Honda may entail higher insurance premiuim. The hearsay is that most of the Honda drivers goes that route for street racing purposes. Therefore higher premium demanded by insurance company. Sorry no hard evidence to proof 1 way or the other. Hondas are also more "sought" after by the traffic police for the same reason above.

So like some of the post said, Toyota may be a good choice, even though the salespersons may be a little more "ya ya" and "ai lai mai suah" attitude. Hearsay also.

chgoh @ 3:34 pm, 25 October 2004

I have the Sunny 1.6M. Bought it in 1999 (when the current model first came out).

It's a decent car, with a fairly responsive engine. However, the wheelbase is fairly short (hence limited legroom) and the fuel consumption is so so (am getting about 10km/l for 80% city 20% highway driving).

Got to drive my colleague's Altis recently, and was surprised by the finish, roominess and quietness of the cabin. Would say it's a better sedan than the Sunny.

Rgds,

MW

from your 3 choices, Altis is the best bet to me. Vios will be kind of cramp if you are big (FYI, I am ;) ). Sunny is known to have a high FC, prob about 10km/l. Corolla 1.6 FC shld be about 12-13km/l.

maybe you wanna state your priority (safety, comfort, price, gadgets, performance, etc) in your car selection and we can offer better advices :)

BTW, check out My Car Forum, you'll probably get tons of information if you place this question there ;)

lovells19 said:
1.) they don't give way,
2) they switch lanes either racklessly or cannot make up their mind.
3) they drive at the extreme right lane at 70km/hr
4) they talk on the phone while driving
5) they will linger around your side slightly behind the tail and when you signal to overtake they will floor the accelorator so you cannot overtake them
6) they refuse to let any vehicle trying to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle into their lane.
7) Taxi drivers will cut from the third lane to the first lane to pick up a customer, they will cut then signal. well done almost got killed by them a few times already.
8) the bigger car owners think they own the road, driving on 2 lanes at the same time, or they move from one lane to another expecting other cars to give way to them
9) almost all don't check their blind spots

Ever drive in malaysia? :devil:

togu said:
Ever drive in malaysia? :devil:

Well, finally someone said that. :embrass:

It's more or less an everyday event + those traffic jams. people here (m'sia) can't afford as much so go mod their cars which makes it irritaing at night. Less traffic lights also mean more space for sprints... :complain:

Worst of all, you are not happy that I cut into your space so either I do the same to you or tailgate you so close till you're scared :devil: A recent case, two parties after the chase-chase thing, came down quarreled and one party was murdered. :faint:

I'm sick of those bunch of #@$%#$%%. BTW, few kelisa are mod with the YRV Turbo engine, can go up to 210+km/h. Siao!

stout said:
Oh forget to tell u guys A REAL LIFE ENCOUNTER!!!

While driving down Orchard Stamford rd near ParkMall one evening saw 5 to 6 Mok-up Hondas (Think it a Honda Gang) ... Driving like Championship Rally to wards Orchard Boulevard, Driving so Fast n Crazy!

Though I've seen the last of them, 5-10 mins later saw them AGAIN! Near Tanglin Mall, one Honda was over turn, another Honda was crash facing the wrong way of the road, the rest of Hondas was parking by the side calling for help!

Really make my day, me was laughing all the way home!

Conclusion of story, There Are people worst than Stupid with a Hondas!

Honda or Toyota etc .. etc, to me all are good Cars, but mostly Ah Beng chose Hondas n Subaru n brainlessly Ugly mok-up!

and you didn't stop to take pictures to post on ClubSnap? :dunno: :sweatsm:

T.A. said:
Well, finally someone said that. :embrass:

I'm sick of those bunch of #@$%#$%%. BTW, few kelisa are mod with the YRV Turbo engine, can go up to 210+km/h. Siao!

This is mpresive bro, small car with engine less than 1liter and 12" rim can run 210 kmh...........
To bad mod here is expensive and the fine also, if not I will put after market turbo to my car. Now I can only run 185kmh (not in SG).....

Knighthunter said:
This is mpresive bro, small car with engine less than 1liter and 12" rim can run 210 kmh...........
To bad mod here is expensive and the fine also, if not I will put after market turbo to my car. Now I can only run 185kmh (not in SG).....

Not that cheap here also, around RM$9,000+ for the YRV Turbo engine + installation and other basic mods required. Hmmm, Kelisa uses 13" for the first 2 years of production, now changed to 14".

KM 7D around RM$6,000 liao w/o lens :bigeyes: What should I do? Car or camera :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.