Which car model to recommend for a first-time driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmiz

Mar 30, 2007
Woodlands
Hi all

Gonna get a car soon but too many models to choose from. I was wondering if you guys can recommend for a first-time driver.

Basically need a car which is fuel-ecomonical, suitable for my family. Don't have to be sporty type but would prefer a hatchback.

Vioz, but must get accustomed to the meter not infront of you.

anyway, 1st car, get cheap one ok, unless very rich dun say lah, can buy ferrari and crash it also nobody care.

there are some other considerations when selecting a suitable model.

for family, a car with a boot is more practical.
strongly recommend that you get a japanese make

budget leh?...have to consider...

anyway, my suggestion is to try all the models within yr budget range, then pick one that you and yr family can compromise on.

Thanks for all the replies

Actually Honda FIT/Honda Jazz is the few models which I have shortlisted, just not sure to buy 1st or 2nd hand.

Test drive all the cars within your budget with your family. Treat it as a family outing and have a great time!!!

Test drive all the cars within your budget with your family. Treat it as a family outing and have a great time!!!

Thanks for the suggestion, now I am very sure choosing a new camera is much much easier.

Actually the same... you consult your friends and CSers before buying your camera as well......

nowadays,u pay about the same instalments whether its brand new or resale cars...so i suggest get brand new...honda airwave is very good economically,family oriented as its a wagon and its hatcback...

its 1.5l iirc... same engine as fit

The local agent labelled it as the JAZZ and brings in only 1.3L (so called 1.4L) while the parallel importer does bring both the 1.3L and 1.5L and labelled them under their JDM model, FIT.

I'd advise the TS to read more about the CVT gearbox for Honda Jazz/ Fit. Nevertheless, fuel economy should be the top most priority with the ever increasing petrol prices.

Good luck in your car "shopping"!

The local agent labelled it as the JAZZ and brings in only 1.3L (so called 1.4L) while the parallel importer does bring both the 1.3L and 1.5L and labelled them under their JDM model, FIT.

I'd advise the TS to read more about the CVT gearbox for Honda Jazz/ Fit. Nevertheless, fuel economy should be the top most priority with the ever increasing petrol prices.

Good luck in your car "shopping"!

so its 1.5L fit lah...

get the one with the sunroof..

Hatchback? For Jap car I would go for the new Subaru Impreza. But if fuel economy is your priority then get the Vios.

P/S: If you're gonna pay $65k for a sunroof Jap car, I'd rather you get the Peugeot 307.

so its 1.5L fit lah...

get the one with the sunroof..

Otherwise Nissan Latio isn't too bad for family and fuel economy also. Inside is spacious. I initially wrote that off considering that Sunny has poor FC, so I was looking at Vios and City, but after checking out some specs, FC for Latio is comparable to Vios. After seeing the interior, I was sold.. so much more spacious than Vios for about the same price! I'm clocking better than 15km/l 90% expressway, trying to see if I can hit 16.. ;p I'm driving the sedan but you can check out the hatch/sports. The Latio body has a low drag coefficient and that may be the reason for the good FC.

Anyone has FC figures for the new Fit 1.5l?

Hatchback? For Jap car I would go for the new Subaru Impreza. But if fuel economy is your priority then get the Vios.

P/S: If you're gonna pay $65k for a sunroof Jap car, I'd rather you get the Peugeot 307.

Hmm... the electronics alone can kill. I've got a friend regretting his 407 now :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Wow, so much info here.

I read the specs of the FC of Jazz/Fit. It states 23km/litre. hard to believe ler.

Status
Not open for further replies.