which car is the most fuel efficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan engines tend to be more efficient.
Just steer clear of brands like Hyundai, etc.. And stick to Honda/Nissan/Toyota shouldn't be too far off the mark.

manuals are more efficient than autos too, if you are really anal about maximum fuel efficiency.

Not only considering fuel economy, vehicle prices are something you should look at oso. You may wan to look at the following:

a. Honda Jazz 1.4M (Thailand) - $50.7k - 16km/l -18kml
b. Honda Jazz 1.4A (Thailand) - $51.7k - 15km/l
c. Nissan Sunny 1.6M (Japan) - $42k - 11km/l - 12km/l
d. Nissan Sunny 1.6A (Japan) - $43k - 10.5km/l - 11km/l
e. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6M (Japan) - $41k - 12km/l - 13km/l
f. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6A (Japan) - $43k - 11km/l
g. Toyota Vios 1.5M (Thailand) - $45k - 14km/l
h. Toyota Vios 1.5A (Thailand) - $47k - 12km/l - 13km/l

Figures only serves as a guide and dun flame me if your car has worst or better FC, cheaper or more expensive. Btw, all cars here are the basic models only.

MY views:
Despite being in the market for a long time and people generally says it is not as good as the Toyota, I would go for the Mitsubishi lancer given that it is a true Japan made vehicle. Comparing the Lancer to an Altis (same category), the latter easily costs $7k more. I would rather use this money to offset my petrol even though consumption might be slightly higher than an Altis (some say about the same). Ultimately, I do not even know if I will drive beyond 5 years. Most importantly, I am usually driving in Singapore and it is able to fetch me from Point A to Point B.

Cheers

I saw on the papers that the Honda Fit (parallel import model) is going for slightly over $35K only. Not sure how true. But my friend who's driving the Jazz (A) said that it gave like 13.X km/l only. Well, the driving style does matter too.

I saw on the papers that the Honda Fit (parallel import model) is going for slightly over $35K only. Not sure how true. But my friend who's driving the Jazz (A) said that it gave like 13.X km/l only. Well, the driving style does matter too.

That is w/o COE and adding abt $11k adds up to about $46k and that is w/o all the agreement fees, IU costs, etc... Well.. parallel importer... u know :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The Jazz (A) is slightly underpower when using Auto. Therefore, the right leg plays an important part in the FC.

oh.. did not know that jazz is that efficent.
Have to go test drive see which 1 feels better..seems like its btw jazz, vios and sunny then.
but the metal for honda's body is quite soft right? compared to toyota.

Nowadays, due to the stringent environmental requirements, european cars are getting very fuel efficient. They are on par or sometimes better than the japanese counter part.

I am driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4M. It is consistantly giving me FC of 13-14km/l with a good mix of urban and highway driving. On continuous highway driving, e.g. NS highway, it can goes up to 15-16km/l.

A good solid car that I will recommend to driving enthusiast. Although it is a 1.4L enginve, it has very good low end torque, making it zippy in urban driving conditions... as good, if not better than my previous 1.6L car.

BC

oh.. did not know that jazz is that efficent.
Have to go test drive see which 1 feels better..seems like its btw jazz, vios and sunny then.
but the metal for honda's body is quite soft right? compared to toyota.

Jazz cabin space is as roomy as the Altis and feels much better than Vios (except underpower).

Sunny is a fuel guzzler while the new Latio has a much better engine, giving a much better FC.

Read yesterday's Chinese paper where a car smashed into a tree and turned into a koropok? That's a Honda Civic.

If you are deciding on the Jazz, only get the Manual version. The CVT (Continously Variable Transmission) isnt very reliable to begin with. A replacement of the gearbox can easily set you back for $8k.

Nowadays, due to the stringent environmental requirements, european cars are getting very fuel efficient. They are on par or sometimes better than the japanese counter part.

I am driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4M. It is consistantly giving me FC of 13-14km/l with a good mix of urban and highway driving. On continuous highway driving, e.g. NS highway, it can goes up to 15-16km/l.

A good solid car that I will recommend to driving enthusiast. Although it is a 1.4L enginve, it has very good low end torque, making it zippy in urban driving conditions... as good, if not better than my previous 1.6L car.

BC

I heard that the panda is v efficient as well right?
actually i was taking a look at the doblo as well. just worried abt the resale or scrap value.

BC

I agree that Continental cars are generally very well built. The only problem is that it is not suitable for local climate, thus making it less reliable than when it is based overseas (e.g. Europe). I will defintely get a Continental car if I am based overseas as parts are also more readily available and cheaper.

I agree that Continental cars are generally very well built. The only problem is that it is not suitable for local climate, thus making it less reliable than when it is based overseas (e.g. Europe). I will defintely get a Continental car if I am based overseas as parts are also more readily available and cheaper.

ya.. my sis in law always have engine overheating prob with her BM.

What about the Proton Gen 2? Nice aerodynamics, easy to get spare parts.

If the price of a Gen 2 (Malaysia) and a Mitsubishi Lancer (Japan) comes so close that it is less than $2k apart, which would you consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.