Which canon DSLR is better 350D or 400D??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tr1stan

Jul 16, 2007
Singapore
Guys, I just wanna learn photography this day..
And I wanna buy a DSLR..

Any suggestion which one will be better choice
Canon DSLR 350D or 400D??

tech wise is 400D

but if u going to shoot for fun and like once in a while get a 350d . or a 2nd hand one. u save alot really.

i jsut bought my 400d too. and wanted to get a 350d but no stock at ms color :dunno: so i bought the 400d.

but is $$ not the problem get a 400D

How much do u get for 400d in ms color??
B'cos I plan to buy it there too..

Frankly I think that 400D is not much an upgrade to 350D. For a start, perhaps you should consider a 350D and save the money for accessory.

I would say the 400d due to the improved AF point arrangement and the larger more delicious looking LCD screen. It has other gimmicks like sensor cleaning that don't really matter. 400d also has more noise at higher ISOs than the 350d but I would pick the 400d solely because of the smarter AF point arrangement.

That said, if you're just starting out, the 350d is ok since you're unlikely to appreciate the most useful upgrade the 400d has over it's predecessor. You'll probably be complaining about the increased noise at higher ISOs. You may like it because of the larger lcd though.

I would go for the 350D.

I was quite shock to see the smaller settings screen removed from 350 to 400D..

Any, the larger LCD consumes more power, not good considering the tiny battery already doesnt provide a very long batt life.

I would go for the 350D.

Any, the larger LCD consumes more power, not good considering the tiny battery already doesnt provide a very long batt life.

yup. I thought the smaller screen settings is really impt.

But the 400D has the improved AF with lens f2.8 or brighter. So if you are thinking of getting a f2.8 lens, get the 400D. Else I really think the 350D is better.

But the 400D has the improved AF with lens f2.8 or brighter. So if you are thinking of getting a f2.8 lens, get the 400D. Else I really think the 350D is better.

care to explain why?

I would go for the 350D.

The single 2.5" LCD is quite a bit more useful than the 1.8" + stats and it has ISO displayed all the time. :bsmilie: Plus you don't have to press SET to confirm a change in setting.

The single 2.5" LCD is quite a bit more useful than the 1.8" + stats and it has ISO displayed all the time. :bsmilie: Plus you don't have to press SET to confirm a change in setting.

Perhaps being used to 1D and 30D series, i find having to look at the main LCD for settings quite weird. Same for D40X.. plus change of settings seem laggy compared to a dedicated one.. IMO

"There is no spoon. It is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself."

All cameras are good so long as you know how to make the most out of it. Better to focus on what you want to shoot, and work out whether budget and all the other things you should be considering are a factor at all; then shoot. Bodies can always be changed, and they shall. If you've decided on Canon for sure, then it doesn't really matter, does it? Lenses will cost more than your body in the long run. Choosing the system is more important than choosing the body.

The other thing about it is that i initially thought the 10MP would make it worth the money since more pricy bodies like 20D 30D are only 8MP.

However, a comparison test on dpreview shows that same shot taken, viewed at 100%, the 400D image seem rather poor and not as sharp. If it cant perform like the 8MP sensor then no point getting 10MP right? i am not sure about how 350D would compare to 400D but from what i know 350D and 20D share same sensor..

Guys, I just wanna learn photography this day..
And I wanna buy a DSLR..

Any suggestion which one will be better choice
Canon DSLR 350D or 400D??

Guys, I have bought Canon DSLR 400D as my first camera..
I bought it at the price of SG$1,365 with EF-S 18-55mm including EF Lens Work III, 2GB scandisk card, 20pcs DVD-R, Canon camera bag, additional battery, Emolux UV filter, Camera LCD screen protector..

Guys, is the price reasonable enough??

Thanks for the comment anyway..

lol dude rather than ask that question . just go have fun with the cam. bought alraedy go play with it. dun ask questions that make u feel like u could have gotten a better deal else where.

SHoot Shoot Shoot. :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.