Which Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

clothahump

I am just about to buy myself a new Digital Camera and was wondering if you could help me decide which one to buy.
I will be using it for photographs of my Aquarium fish and other livestock and for general purpose stuff, what should I be looking for to get good quality pics of my fish whilst still being able to take good quality general pics???
I am so confused by all the specs I read I need help.

D70 :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

pssst....

try the canon g2....

;) :bsmilie:

Hi Tim,

Fancy seeing you here!

If you are looking for a Digital SLR, I think the Canon 300D and the Nikon D70 are good value entry level models that you should consider. Both systems have loads of lenses and accessories that can help you achieve your requirements (both aquatic and non aquatic).

If budget is not a constraint, the Canon 10D is also very well received. But consideration should be given to other lenses and accessories when you plan your budget. The standard kit (lens) does not give you the best mileage for your aquarium subjects. Other additional stuff that you will find useful will be macro lenses and flash (wireless or otherwise).

But if you are looking at compact digital cameras, try to get one that has a hotshoe for flash instead. You'll find it very useful later on.

Hope to see your pictures soon!

Cheers,

D70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Benny, amazing who you bump into on here. :bigeyes:

Thanks for the suggestions guys but that is a bit above my budget, I was thinking more like the Fuji S602 price range.

Decided on the Fuji S5000 to get used to the technology, heres one of my first attempts.

post-24-1085665309.jpg

...the D70. Reason:

- Fishes move fast and can be erratic, you need a fast AF camera and a good lens. Nikon's ED 18-70 DX which comes with the kit can meet that need to start with...

- Nikon has tons of experience and reputation in making Macro (Micro) lenses...eventually you may want to invest in one...

- Nikon used to make lenses for Canon in the earlier days...so....go for the 'shifu'

- I'm a true-blue Nikonian... :eek:

Why not...drop by the Nikon Roadshow @ Centerpoint this weekend (till June 1st) and have a hands-on (No...I don't work for Max Photo)

Cheers

clothahump,

Try to shoot with a bigger aperture in your flower shot to make the background blur so the subject stands out. In the picture that you had taken seems really flat and no subject of interest at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.