Which camera you will get to record video?

newbie81

Feb 8, 2016
Singapore
1) LX100
2) RX100 IV
3) Gopro Hero 4 Black

What results are you expecting from your video camera? All 3 cameras are totally different i.e. GoPro is a action camera. Specify your uses and budget etc etcb

yes, i know they are different. just want to know which one has the best overall video quality in everything except sports that i don't do so much. no limit budget also.

Last edited:
1) LX100 2) RX100 IV 3) Gopro Hero 4 Black

I had the LX-100. The 4K and Low light was quite good. I had the Hero 3. The curvature and fixed lens, not to mention the Colors, were a messed.

I have not used the RX-100 but the other a7 series.

I will go with the LX-100.

Are you considering only these three models?
Actually, only the Gopro is a dedicated video camera.
The LX and RX have a 29 minute time limit in HD mode.
The RX100 IV has 4K which is a big advantage over the rest. (Think framegrabbing, post zoom)
The LX has the biggest sensor of the 3 which gives you the most flexible DOF control.

Are you considering only these three models?
Actually, only the Gopro is a dedicated video camera.
The LX and RX have a 29 minute time limit in HD mode.
The RX100 IV has 4K which is a big advantage over the rest. (Think framegrabbing, post zoom)
The LX has the biggest sensor of the 3 which gives you the most flexible DOF control.
not these only. can suggest other camera too.

thinking of getting LX100 and beholder MS1...

Last edited:
If you have a very specific task of making videos, a 4K camcorder like the AX100 or the new 4K RX1O mkII may be a better idea. Both have excellent audio options like mic-in, phone-out and even XLR expansion via the MIS hotshoe.
AX100 has no recording limit. THe RX10mk II has a constant aperture zoom.

Sony A7S

DJI Osmo perhaps?

Sony PJ 660, recently use to record my bowling. Sony AS 200 action camera, use when in action, ha ha! RX100 n A7R, use for video if video camera not with me.