Which camera to buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperhands

Nov 1, 2008
I want to experiment with a film camera,
I don't know if a 2nd hand SLR would be good, or should I get a BBF?
If a proper SLR, which model? I think i prefer to get nikon.
My dad has lots of lenses that can fit a D100. (if that helps?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Just go to a cash convertor and get a cheap nikon body.

Sometimes Cash Convertor's pricing abit ridiculous. And they don't know cameras well, so they can't tell you if something isn't working. For myself, I'd rather buy from here. Then it'll depend on what camera you want. Ranging from fully manual cameras like FM to electronic ones that I don't know about. I personally have an FM2n and an FG (acquired recently)... =)

If you have legacy lenses, then get the same brand. No point building up another system.
And, 2nd hand is pretty much the only way to go for the early mechanical cameras, I've like 5 or 6 different OMs, and all were bought used.
Just make sure you know what the quirks of that particular model is, and how to test it.
The, get yourself a bunch of film and go figure out how to make great pictures with it.
Different film types handle light and contrast differently, so I'd actually suggest getting comfortable with a single type of film, eg, Ilford HP5+, till you know how to handle your new toy. That helps to toss out as many variables while you are still coming to grips with film.

I want to experiment with a film camera,
I don't know if a 2nd hand SLR would be good, or should I get a BBF?
If a proper SLR, which model? I think i prefer to get nikon.
My dad has lots of lenses that can fit a D100. (if that helps?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Thank you, I'm gonna head down to a cash converter and check it out :D
(but if i happen to see any good deals here i'll get it!)

:D Thank you for your replies! They made me more motivated : D

I think there're some pretty decent deals on B&S, no? Think I saw some FM2n's going for about $230? And then there are EM's too, though that wouldn't let u play around much. You probably won't see the old mechanical cameras at Cash Convertors, but there are the newer film ones though... =) Have fun with film!

Status
Not open for further replies.