countryside

Dec 22, 2004
hi!

Need advice on which of the following cameras to get:

a.) Casio Exilim Z55
b.) Konica Minolta X50
c.) Canon Ixus S40

Or any other recommendations ?

I need one that is compact and have good battery life, good picture quality under low-light (indoor), and a large LCD screen.

Thanks!

X50 or IXUS lor.. X50 is folded zoom lens... not so good..so choose IXUS lor

countryside said:
hi!

Need advice on which of the following cameras to get:

a.) Casio Exilim Z55
b.) Konica Minolta X50
c.) Canon Ixus S40

Or any other recommendations ?

I need one that is compact and have good battery life, good picture quality under low-light (indoor), and a large LCD screen.

Thanks!

Well I guess you have to be more stringent with what you want to be able to get one that suits you.Also it is important that you prioritise which is more important since most of the camera is better than the other in some department.
1) When you say compact, how compact do you want it to be? One thing to note is that a slight increase in size may allows you to get a camera with more features and longer battery life.
2) When you say long battery life = how long? You can take note that most likely you will be getting a spare so maybe you can note how much 2 battery can last. Also, its no use having a long battery life if you just plan to buy 128mb worth of memory
3)For good forcusing in low light, those with AF lamps tend to do better than those without 1. Also, the image quality is dependent on the aperature rating of the camera since one with a lower aperature setting can take pic at a faster shutter speed so its likely to be clear since theres less shake. Then you must also look at the flash of the camera. Normally for compact it is quite close.
4)I like to have big LCD too. Once you used a 2.5" one you will find 1.5" LCD so XXXX small. But if you choose 2.5" as the main factor then you don't have many choice.

Hope what I said is of use to you.
If I were to choose, it will choose ixus. Felt that the X50 quite old model le but ixus not perfect either since its a 4mp with a 5mp pric... Mmm maybe you can consider kodak if you dun mind the hotdog shape since it takes sharp photos or panasonic with stabalizer but with a price to kill

I am using the Exilim Z55. Love it very much for the compact size, the large 2.5" LCD. And the battery life is madness! One charge, it can last up to 400 shots! I can keep it in my notebook bag and carry it to work for like almost a month or more, and still have charge remaining (provided I don't shoot much using it). Picture quality wise, I find it good. Build is solid too. :thumbsup:

there wont be anymore z55 in production ..
new model to replace is the z57 ..

Status
Not open for further replies.