Which Camera Strap prevents camera from falling in front when you bend forward?

LogicA

May 14, 2005
Hi everyone, I am deciding between the many brands of competing brands out there. The current 'cheapo' one I have works great but problem comes when ever I need to load stuff into my car and I bend forward or squat down. The camera would always slide forward bumping either on my car or my stuff. Are there any straps out there that prevents this?

I saw that the Black rapid series has a stopper where u can adjust to the front when you to do this. Any more out there?

TIA

extend the neck strap and side-sling the camera? otherwise i would suggest just putting the camera aside while you load or unload

To avoid this issue you will have to side sling. To ensure that the camera doesn't sling forward there can't be slack between the body and the camera. Neck slinging it and shortening to short necklace length will ensure that you won't be able to use the camera.

You can, however, shorten it to a length where the swinging will be minimized, yet allows you to raise the camera to your eyes. This is more possible for cameras with OVF or EVF. Otherwise, you will need a certain comfortable distance to look at the LCD (much longer).

Last edited:
How about the Spider Holster? not a strap though.

Thank you for all your replies. Sorry I didn't mention I am looking for quick access type of strap like the black rapid.

It looks like the slack between body and the camera is the culprit. Either I can quickly tighten it or I need to have a stopper.

I only have experience with the Black rapid. There are so many brands out there, anyone with experience can share? I am sure many encountered my problem when bending down.

TIA

I recently started using the carry speed strap and couldn't be more happier with it.. Compared to the Black rapid it uses a arca swiss plate so now I can directly mount my camera on to tripod with a arca swiss head and it has a ball socket mounting mechanism which can be detached quite easily. Has a mechanism to quickly adjust the length and make the strap snug to prevent loose hanging like you mentioned.

I picked mine from Artworkfoto in Funnan with a camera holder included.

Video of carry speed
[video=youtube;O46vzukQ50k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46vzukQ50k[/video]

Last edited:
OP/TECH has a stabilizer strap. Looks a bit dorky though, IMO ;p Plus, it looks more suited for when you need it for longer periods, e.g., if you know you are cycling, etc. It doesn't really make sense to put this on suddenly when you are loading things into the car.

StabilizerStrapBicycle.jpg

Now you don't have to leave your camera behind when bicycling, skiing or hiking. Moving quickly through crowds, brush or even tackling a rough hiking trail can be done without fear of damaging expensive cameras. Your hands are free while the neoprene Stabilizer Strap™ holds the camera close to your body. You have quick and easy access to the camera by merely stretching the neoprene Stabilizer Strap™ over the camera lens for quick removal. It's not necessary to use the quick disconnect to access the camera.

There's no need for a complicated harness as the Stabilizer Strap™ can be quickly added to any strap and removed when the added stability is not necessary. The Stabilizer Strap™ is fully adjustable from 19 to 55 inches and can be easily customized by merely cutting the webbing to the desired length. The quick disconnect makes the strap easy to attach and remove. The Stabilizer Strap™ is ideal for the active photographer!

https://optechusa.com/stabilizer-strap.html

Might want to check out the Joby UltraFit strap: http://joby.com/camera-straps/ultrafit-sling-strap-for-men/

I thought the Carry Speed strap was really nice.

I recently started using the carry speed strap and couldn't be more happier with it.. Compared to the Black rapid it uses a arca swiss plate so now I can directly mount my camera on to tripod with a arca swiss head and it has a ball socket mounting mechanism which can be detached quite easily. Has a mechanism to quickly adjust the length and make the strap snug to prevent loose hanging like you mentioned.

I picked mine from Artworkfoto in Funnan with a camera holder included.

Video of carry speed
[video=youtube;O46vzukQ50k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46vzukQ50k[/video]

I like carry speed but the ball joint kinda makes me worry. Not sure if it can be as lasting compared to the others. I like the strap's design, really cool

I like carry speed but the ball joint kinda makes me worry. Not sure if it can be as lasting compared to the others. I like the strap's design, really cool

Well I havent had any problems and I like the design cause of the ball as it keeps the attachment a bit far from the camera. It is really sturdy connection for as far as I can tell. Never had the connection become loose or anything. In fact removing the camera from the ball socket takes quite a bit of turning as the screw needs to be all the way out for ball to comeout. Even a little bit in and the ball wont budge.

My previous strap which was the Phottix one like the Black rapid design finally broke after a year and a half.

I got them during their kickstarter campaign... if i am not wrong, TKphoto, red dot photo is carrying them.

Thanks for the info.

Will go check it out..

Am using it too which I find it great, but do remember that if you clip it on waist belt, you won't be able to sit as it will hit your thigh.

i was thinking of getting it and clipping it onto my bag..

i dun like the idea of clipping it onto my belt..

am also considering the Peak Design Capture leash..
anyone using that?

Am not using that as i am getting the air strap from custom-slr through kickstarter. Currently waiting for it to ship it to singapore.