Which Camera should I use?!

JoelImmanuel

Sep 19, 2011
Right now I am in the posession of a very old dslr and slightly new compact. It is a Nikon D70 and a sony compact hx7 . I cannot decide which camera to use as the nikon d70's screen is so tiny that I am unable to look at the photos I take properly and notice the minor details . However, the sony hx7 is rather small and doesn't feel comfortable in my hands ( probably because im used to a dslr ).

I want to upgrade to a canon 600D but as of this moment I dont have the means to.

I thought you mentioned you are using Nikon system, why suddenly jump to Canon instead ? You can just get the Nikon D90 if what you want is a larger LCD. You can then re-use the existing lens.

I want to upgrade to a canon 600D but as of this moment I dont have the means to.

than I guess you have to stick with what you have now,

anyway artists become a great master is not because they have abundant resources, but they are making a breakthrough when they bounded by their own limitation.
if you can think along this line and you will be blessed by your current limitation.

Yes, I do realise I have to stick with what I have now. But i am in a dilemma of choosing which camera to use... I have a sony HX7 and a nikon D70. Which should I use? None of you have answered my question :p

@david I prefer using a canon than a nikon.

I can only say, use whatever that pleases you and get whatever within your means to please yourself. Asking us about personal preferences will only give you mixed results. It can be almost equivalent to, "I have 2 shirts, Red and Black, Red is slightly bigger and Black is abit small. What should I wear?"

Yes, I do realise I have to stick with what I have now. But i am in a dilemma of choosing which camera to use... I have a sony HX7 and a nikon D70. Which should I use? None of you have answered my question :p

@david I prefer using a canon than a nikon.
as a photographer we need to make countless decisions for making each and individual images, not by letting others telling us what to do, we trust that should able to make some decisions on your own. :)

as a photographer we need to make countless decisions for making each and individual images, not by letting others telling us what to do, we trust that should able to make some decisions on your own. :)

:/ The reason why I posted this is to listen to some of the communities opinions on the subject because I have absolutely no idea which is better for what situation. Can anyone please help? :/

Then I would suggest thinking back on why you end up buying the 2nd camera (whatever was your first, D70 or HX7). There must be some reason why eventually you got the 2nd one.

Both camera's are my parents and they have given me a choice between the two. Sorry to sound annoying in any way but seriously, I'm just looking for opinions between the two camera's. :/

Both camera's are my parents and they have given me a choice between the two. Sorry to sound annoying in any way but seriously, I'm just looking for opinions between the two camera's. :/

I don't think you'll need to keep reviewing your images on the LCD all the time. Most important to me is the image quality. And ease of configuring the camera. For those reasons I'd go with the D70.

I don't see how my answer helps you though :) In the end it is YOUR decision :)

I would pick the D70.

Yea, D70. A good grip and bigger sensor works better for me than a larger LCD screen. Besides, having a "smaller" LCD screen may not be such a bad thing. It might encourage you to work on your technical skills and composition.

i envy D70....1/500th flash sync speed.