Which camera should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EatCarPet

Hello!

Spent the last 2 weeks looking at reviews and even going down to different shops to look at their range of digital cameras and I still cannot make up my mind... sigh. Hope you "old birds" here can help me a tad with my choice! :)

Well, these are the cameras I have short-listed....
1. Olympus 700UZ
2. Canon A40
3. Fujifilm 2800
4. Olympus 2040

If you all have any other suggestions, do let me know yeah? =)

Thank you so much! =)

Originally posted by zhapchit
any budget?

Budget hopefully is 1K and below ( er...meaning plus all the accessories and stuff... =) )

any special requirements like bigger zoom? better macro? cf or sm memory ? etc etc ?

Originally posted by Keito
any special requirements like bigger zoom? better macro? cf or sm memory ? etc etc ?

Hmm..there's no "special" things that I like. Perhaps all those things like 10X zoom are "good to have" things. I think I might just get the Canon A10...since the really bad thing I heard about it is the plasticky feel to it. Well, I don't know how it'll be lah..still open for more options...at least for a few days' more. =)

Trying to get the camera during my short hols to make full use of it! so rather urgent! =)

Thanks!

Hmmm... how much time are you willing to invest into photography? Are you likely to pick it up as a long term hobby? What are you planning to shoot? All these might affect your choice... Tell us.. see what we can think of...

If u r picking up photography then only the Olympus C-2040z and C-700uz are the correct choices......

Originally posted by Flare
Hmmm... how much time are you willing to invest into photography? Are you likely to pick it up as a long term hobby? What are you planning to shoot? All these might affect your choice... Tell us.. see what we can think of...

Hi!

I have always been interested in photography....perhaps I inherited the trait from my daddy. Well, have been taking pictures with my simple Olympus mju camera. I will definitely want to have some time for taking pictures...but seeing that I am starting work in May, I guess I will have to plan my schedule very very carefully. :rolleyes:

In any case, I like taking pictures of nature and things....but since I am usually the photographer at outings, I know I am gonna take people as well! =)

=)

Hmm...I read some reviews about the Olympus 2100UZ in some other forums in ClubSnap....it seems not too bad at all. What do you guys think? I mean when compare to the other cameras I listed above? Hmm..was thinking of getting one within the next 3 days... :)

Originally posted by EatCarPet
Hmm...I read some reviews about the Olympus 2100UZ in some other forums in ClubSnap....it seems not too bad at all. What do you guys think? I mean when compare to the other cameras I listed above? Hmm..was thinking of getting one within the next 3 days... :)

I'm using one, see my avatar??? :D

Excellent DC....buy it!!!!

U'll fall in luv wif its F2.8 10x (28mm ~ 380mm) optical zoom lens wif image stabilizer.

The only 2 complaints are that it's 2.1MP, and there's no manual WB, but hey, nothing's perfect in this world, right? ;)

These shortcomings aren't that bad cos the max 1600x1200 is ok for most situation (some ppl blessed wif 3/4/5/6MP DCs may disagree wif me on this) and the auto WB works almost all the time, moreover there's selectable WB settings available.

2100 is a great camera... Since you said you like to shoot nature... the big zoom could be very useful. With more manual controls than A10, you could pick up more photography skills and give you an easier upgrade to an SLR or a digital SLR.

Originally posted by Flare
2100 is a great camera... Since you said you like to shoot nature... the big zoom could be very useful. With more manual controls than A10, you could pick up more photography skills and give you an easier upgrade to an SLR or a digital SLR.

Sorry but what's the difference betwen SLR and digital SLR?

Originally posted by revenant

Sorry but what's the difference betwen SLR and digital SLR?

The only diff is that images r recorded in digital form in a digital SLR rather than on film on a conventional SLR.

The C-2100UZ costs abt S$900...the same as the C-700UZ.

The main diff btwn C-2100uz and C-700uz is the lens mechanism....the C-2100uz uses a Canon-designed 10x zoom lens with mechanical image stabilizer.

Originally posted by Jayan

The only diff is that images r recorded in digital form in a digital SLR rather than on film on a conventional SLR.

The C-2100UZ costs abt S$900...the same as the C-700UZ.

The main diff btwn C-2100uz and C-700uz is the lens mechanism....the C-2100uz uses a Canon-designed 10x zoom lens with mechanical image stabilizer.

So, the 2100 is slightly better with it's lens?

Originally posted by revenant

So, the 2100 is slightly better with it's lens?

In terms of lens, definitely the C-2100uz has an edge over the C-700uz.

But the C-700uz is smaller in size...so it boils down to personal preferences.

Search the threads in this forum....I once did a comparison between the two, with their pros and cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.