Which camera should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyduckchua

Aug 26, 2007
Hi

I am planning to get a new digital camera at Comex.. I have kind of narrow down my choices to the below few:

1) Canon A720 IS
2) Canon S5 IS
3) Olympus SP 550 UZ
4) Fuji FinePix S8000 SD
5) Sony DSC H3

Basically, i need the camera just for normal phototaking.. not really into the more pro type as yet but would like to play around with some additional functions with my new camera.

Anyone could provide any comments?

Hi

I am planning to get a new digital camera at Comex.. I have kind of narrow down my choices to the below few:

1) Canon A720 IS
2) Canon S5 IS
3) Olympus SP 550 UZ
4) Fuji FinePix S8000 SD
5) Sony DSC H3

Basically, i need the camera just for normal phototaking.. not really into the more pro type as yet but would like to play around with some additional functions with my new camera.

They are all good. Just go to a shop to get a feel of the cameras and see which you prefer most and is most comfortable in your hands cos you are the one using it. But always listen to your heart and not be influence by the sales person.

go to a shop with all the cameras
bring SD cards or some kind of memory storage device.

try the camera and compare the photos
try to snap the same composition with each camera.

best is read online reviews.

Hi

1) Canon A720 IS
2) Canon S5 IS
3) Olympus SP 550 UZ
4) Fuji FinePix S8000 SD
5) Sony DSC H3

Its all depend on you which cam you like best of all and go for it.;)

i also aiming for A720 IS.....$499 at comex right?? Wanted to buy A710 IS afew mths back.....

But theres also the A650 IS, which has the flip screen for different angles! Loved that on my A80, it would definately be gd now also!

theres a good comparison here:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082001canona650720.asp

Which camera would be more idea for overseas vacation phototaking?

Hi

1) Canon A720 IS
2) Canon S5 IS
3) Olympus SP 550 UZ
4) Fuji FinePix S8000 SD
5) Sony DSC H3

just think about it which camera u really think suits u than get it don be so called"conned" at comex as each sales person is mainly trying to promote their own brand of cameras and do read on9 reviews before getting

dpreview helps to give you some ideas about the performance of the camera. But ultimately the user is you. Just go to a shop and try all the models.

i also aiming for A720 IS.....$499 at comex right?? Wanted to buy A710 IS afew mths back.....

But theres also the A650 IS, which has the flip screen for different angles! Loved that on my A80, it would definately be gd now also!

theres a good comparison here:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082001canona650720.asp

Unfortunately, i think the A650 IS is not available at COMEX leh. Seems like A720 IS pretty much match wat i required and the price is pretty ok.

Hi

1) Canon A720 IS
2) Canon S5 IS
3) Olympus SP 550 UZ
4) Fuji FinePix S8000 SD
5) Sony DSC H3

weird, a720 is damn out of place
it is still a consumer cam, the rest are prosumers i think

Hi

1) Canon A720 IS
2) Canon S5 IS
3) Olympus SP 550 UZ
4) Fuji FinePix S8000 SD
5) Sony DSC H3

Dun think tt you can get the Olympus SP 550 UZ at Comex ... they prob trying to sell their new camera liao ...

Status
Not open for further replies.