Which camera should buy for newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulsnap

Oct 30, 2006
Singapore, Jurong west
Hi all, going to start photography as my hobby,i totally know nothing about photography, which camera should i buy? any recommend? Thanks.

budget?

can go into a prosumer cam, from canon or panasonic.
plenty of features ala nearer to SLR, and enuff for getting veri good photos.

Hi all, going to start photography as my hobby,i totally know nothing about photography, which camera should i buy? any recommend? Thanks.

Start with a point & shoot camera ....
Until you are sure you like what you are doing, then you invest.
Have fun ....

I have a konica minolta DiMage which I used to pick up photography, if interested can PM me. Else, get a good hp with good camera, e.g. N73 or N93.

Ask yourself what kind of photography you would like to do.

If you would just like to capture some images while on a holiday or take some photos at your nephew's birthday party, etc., I'd say get a prosumer or pns camera.

However, if you have seen great photos that some euthusiasts or professionals are producing, you aspire to create those images and you want to spend time learning photography, I would say go for a entry-level DSLR. I am not saying that prosumer or pns cannot produce good photos. I'd say that a DSLR is a better platform for you to learn serious photography. It'll give you options to expand your gear as you learn more and more.

follow me, use fx 8, steady then up-grade, suddenly too pro, you will just fall hard on the ground:nono:

follow me, use fx 8, steady then up-grade, suddenly too pro, you will just fall hard on the ground:nono:

And I still remember you asking how to train up your arms to hold your fx8 steady for longer period of time. :sweatsm:

And I still remember you asking how to train up your arms to hold your fx8 steady for longer period of time. :sweatsm:
cos last time i weak mah, then hand not veri steady becos last time dis-located bef. wow, that was like after bbt last year and u still remember?;)

cos last time i weak mah, then hand not veri steady becos last time dis-located bef. wow, that was like after bbt last year and u still remember?;)

I still remember because you didn't mention what camera you were using and people assumed that you're talking about holding a DSLR with a heavy telephoto zoom lens and they started to give all sorts of body-building-type arms training advices. :sweatsm::lovegrin:

Thanks for all comments guys, having a DSLR sound great but is that too pro for me? any comments how can i start on DSLR? or how about getting a canon G7?

there is plenty of people also selling 2nd hand buget dslr w/ lens at buy & sell section.(also cheap too). check it out!:thumbsup:

Thanks for all comments guys, having a DSLR sound great but is that too pro for me? any comments how can i start on DSLR? or how about getting a canon G7?

Having a DSLR is not too pro for anyone. But as fellow CS members, we just want you to reconsider your options before diving into buying a DSLR. The most basic questions to ask yourself would be ....

1) What is my budget ???
2) Am I ready to carry a bag of lens, a tripod and a camera during outings.
3) Am I ready to further invest in equipment when my interest grows.

This may help you to kick start your photography hobby .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.