Which camera phone? BB Z10, SE Z or Nokia 920?

Just look wat happen to the batches b4 the windows nokia 920 series..the lumia 900,800 if i recall cannot be updated to latest windows OS.

Yeah..arc is good.serve me the longest..8 months.before i feel the battery kinda wonky..sold it off and get a Note.

I used SE Arc as it is and am fustrated with the size of the internal memory. So after I upgraded from Gingerbread to ICS, I rooted and flashed the ROM with a hacked kernel, installed Link2SD to make use of external memory allocated from SD card. This allows me to extend its usage till now. But I can do with a faster phone with the new contract.

albertri said:

Can't make any calls.

Had a Sony Xperia before but after I got an iPhone 5 for free I don't think I would go back to Android, too convoluted and slow over time. Also no matter how good the cameras might be, there are no good camera apps for Android available (like 645 Pro, KitCam and so on). I don't like Apple but I have to admit iOS has the better infrastructure and works better in the long run.

Last edited:
I used SE Arc as it is and am fustrated with the size of the internal memory. So after I upgraded from Gingerbread to ICS, I rooted and flashed the ROM with a hacked kernel, installed Link2SD to make use of external memory allocated from SD card. This allows me to extend its usage till now. But I can do with a faster phone with the new contract.

thats wat i did with mine...

sold it cos battery pretty...sucks...same case a s HTC Desire HD..
now waiting for my batteries for samsung Note..hope can tahan till my next recontract.

Can't make any calls.

Had a Sony Xperia before but after I got an iPhone 5 for free I don't think I would go back to Android, too convoluted and slow over time. Also no matter how good the cameras might be, there are no good camera apps for Android available (like 645 Pro, KitCam and so on). I don't like Apple but I have to admit iOS has the better infrastructure and works better in the long run.

It's strange. Somehow Apple don't grow on me. Regardless of how impressed I am with Apple products, I still have not own a single one. Maybe it is due to the limited free software that I can run on Mac. There is no opensource. I also don't see the point of running Windows on Boot camp. However, it is the reverse where smartphones are concern. I don't need to have such a wide array of apps. Just those usual few suspects.

Last edited:
ManWearPants said:
It's strange. Somehow Apple don't grow on me. Regardless of how impressed I am with Apple products, I still have not own a single one.

Not strange, I would never buy one myself. :)

Nokia Lumia 920 vs Sony Xperia Z

[video=youtube_share;ZLMxehR3pP8]http://youtu.be/ZLMxehR3pP8[/video]

I noticed the highly reflective screen of the Xperia Z. The Lumia screen does not capture the reflection at all. Also, I noticed a slight lag close to the end of the video when the Xperia Z enter and exit the camera mode. Hmmm....

Does Xperia Z comes with IS? My SE Arc has it but Sony seems to have IS removed from the Z???

Then I noticed Lumia 920 comes with Pureview camera using floating elements. Now that is cool!
http://www.nokia.com/global/innovation/pureview/pureview-for-lumia-920/

These 2 smartphones are really battling it out where the camera function is concerned.

Last edited:
Nokia Lumia 920 vs Sony Xperia Z

Video Link: http://youtu.be/ZLMxehR3pP8

I noticed the highly reflective screen of the Xperia Z. The Lumia screen does not capture the reflection at all. Also, I noticed a slight lag close to the end of the video when the Xperia Z enter and exit the camera mode. Hmmm....

Does Xperia Z comes with IS? My SE Arc has it but Sony seems to have IS removed from the Z???

Then I noticed Lumia 920 comes with Pureview camera using floating elements. Now that is cool!
http://www.nokia.com/global/innovation/pureview/pureview-for-lumia-920/

These 2 smartphones are really battling it out where the camera function is concerned.

The lumia screen reflects as much as the Z as is pretty clear in the video. Will need to check the units in wisma but afaik IS is always on by default now.

Floating lens elements are a normal feature of any lens with autofocus. :p

Last edited:
HTC just announced the 4.7" HTC One with a 1080p resolution, low light capability from its camera with Ultrapixels is touted as superior to Nokia Pureview by its manufacturer.

We will just have to see. :think:

Uuugh... The only real feature of that phone is the ability to really annoy everyone else on the MRT. Just wait for the young punks to use it to blast their ZoukOut remix at top volume... :p

As for the rest...

- The back panel looks like they used spare parts from the Sony Ion
- The "BlinkFeed" is like a mix of the SE TimeScape and the Windows 8 tiles
- Camera: Hmmmmm we shall need to see. :p

HTC just announced the 4.7" HTC One with a 1080p resolution, low light capability from its camera with Ultrapixels is touted as superior to Nokia Pureview by its manufacturer.

We will just have to see. :think:

Oh... and it seems their "Ultrapixel" camera is 4MP. ;)

So yeah, I'm sure it will be better in low light due to the larger photosites, much like the 12MP sensor in the D700/D3 helped.

The lumia screen reflects as much as the Z as is pretty clear in the video. Will need to check the units in wisma but afaik IS is always on by default now.

Floating lens elements are a normal feature of any lens with autofocus. :p

Oh... and it seems their "Ultrapixel" camera is 4MP. ;)

So yeah, I'm sure it will be better in low light due to the larger photosites, much like the 12MP sensor in the D700/D3 helped.

You are right about the reflection. Maybe the Xperia is directly under the light. However, the Lumia does seems to have a wider viewing angle and more clarity under the light. Think this is subjective to whether one prefer more privacy or clarity.

The Lumia is fixed FL with floating element. I am not sure if there are other mobile phones with floating element lens. Anyway, don't know if this floating lens will make it more delicate.

"HTC One
BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3'
Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens"

Same sensor size, bigger pixel size and lower resolution should point to better IQ. Unknown DSP. But 4MP is probably enough for facebook? Now this is throwing camera phone in a different direction. What are you using the image captured for?

Last edited:
I tried the Sony Z at Bugis. The IQ is amazing. The main attraction IMO is the HDR. You won't take any bad photos with this phone, even under back-light environment. The ISO is also up to 1600 though a bit noisy. The burst mode is simply awesome. However, it is touchscreen with no hard buttons.