Which Camera is better for beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hino07

Aug 29, 2007
I was at the Computer fair and am interested in buying a SLR camera.
I'm a beginner in the professional Photograhy stage and have many things to learn.

I was considering between the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K at $1099, Nikon DSLR D40x and the Canon EOS 400D or 350D.

Please help me to evaluate the above cameras to see which is the best bang for the buck. Thanks!

I'm a beginner in the professional Photograhy stage and have many things to learn.

I was considering between the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K at $1099, Nikon DSLR D40x and the Canon EOS 400D or 350D.

Please help me to evaluate the above cameras to see which is the best bang for the buck. Thanks!

All systems are good... just tat which would you feel more comfortable with?? Try them out.. hold them, try them and you'll start liking one....

Dun forget that it's a system tat you have to invest in... lenses, flashes, accessories, etc...

I've saw for myself the Alpha S and thought it was quite a good camera. good price for it too. But just that the lenses are sole propiertary. Is there currently any third party lenses for Sony?

I haven had a feel for Nikon and Canon. I'm more comfortable with canon as my current camera is a canon camera.

When I was first deciding to buy a DSLR, I decided first on the system (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony) and then the model of the camera. Once you have made up your mind on the preferred system, don't look back.

Hmm, you mean the type of system that I get myself familiar to?

I am now more incline towards Sony and Canon. I'm more comfortable with Canon and Sony seems to be a good buy too.

Hmm, you mean the type of system that I get myself familiar to?

I am now more incline towards Sony and Canon. I'm more comfortable with Canon and Sony seems to be a good buy too.

You won't go wrong with any of the systems but do your research first else you might have second thoughts.

look into their specs as well. IS for canon lenses. SSS (super steady shot) in sony's body.

IS lenses cost much more.

any camera is suitable for beginner...no such thing as a beginner camera...you got the money get the one that u like the most...

Regarding about the specs, I'm not too sure about it. I don't quite know what type of specs are required for what type of photos and all. Maybe you guys can assist me on this aspect?

Comparing the two camera, they have both their pros and cons. Maybe you guys can highlight certain important details that I should lok out for when comparing. Thanks.

Oh one more thing, When comparing the Son and the Canon, which Canon model is better worth to compare? The EOS 400D or the 350D? I want to set my mind on one cam from each brand and really do some research on them.

Regarding about the specs, I'm not too sure about it. I don't quite know what type of specs are required for what type of photos and all. Maybe you guys can assist me on this aspect?

Comparing the two camera, they have both their pros and cons. Maybe you guys can highlight certain important details that I should lok out for when comparing. Thanks.

Oh one more thing, When comparing the Son and the Canon, which Canon model is better worth to compare? The EOS 400D or the 350D? I want to set my mind on one cam from each brand and really do some research on them.

Go google up on the models you're interested in... and really go try them out... Each brands have their advantages and disadvantages so reading up more before you decide on one is a good idea. Having friends who owns cameras is even better as you can try them out and find out which you may have a better feel with. Do remember that you may want to upgrade later on, so take a look at the other higher end models too.. the lenses that they support is equally important for your upgrade path. ;)

thanks for the link. I'll go read it up.

Is there any shop that you guys would recommend to buy from? Shops in Peninsular? Heard that their regular customers get good bargins and certain shops there do really cheat money. Maybe I could get some help from this. Or should I just go to Funan or get during this IT fair?

thanks for the link. I'll go read it up.

Is there any shop that you guys would recommend to buy from? Shops in Peninsular? Heard that their regular customers get good bargins and certain shops there do really cheat money. Maybe I could get some help from this. Or should I just go to Funan or get during this IT fair?

For a beginner who has nothing yet, the bundle may be useful, otherwise it's cheaper to get the body or kit only at below RRP.

I think I've made up my mind.

Tomorrow going down to COMEX to get the Sony Alpha S100. Going to get the $1399 package. Seems to be a very good deal when compared to the Nikon and Canon offer.

I only scared that the price of the camera will drop after a few months.

Hmm, Went today and the things that they are giving is less as they have just ran out.

So I think I'm going to get it during the next computer fair. I just need to do mroe research and don't think it is wise of me to just jump and buy the camera just yet.

Hmm, Went today and the things that they are giving is less as they have just ran out.

So I think I'm going to get it during the next computer fair. I just need to do mroe research and don't think it is wise of me to just jump and buy the camera just yet.

Good for you... read up more... and try more models tat you can get your hands on...

Hi All,
Morning. :D
I am also new in DSLR & clubsnap, friends recommend me here where I can get advices. I happen to see hino07's thread for beginner for cameras.

I'm in a dilemma, don't know which should I choose. As I've been to Comex show, saw their leaflets, keen in Nikon D80 & Canon EOS 400D.

Their bundles look very attractive. Look up into some of the specs & comparison. Still do not know which to choose. Looking into the pics comparison, Canon ones are more clearer than Nikon ones (correct me if I'm wrong)

Nikon's bundle - comes with additional zoom lens (70-300mm)
Canon's bundle - additional of $399 to get a 55-200mm zoom len.

I thought the above bundle is good enough for me to kick start as a beginner. :)

Can anyone advice me? As today's last day of Comex. Wanted to get a DSLR today. Thank you very very much for your kind advices & quick sharing. :)

Hi All,
Morning. :D
I am also new in DSLR & clubsnap, friends recommend me here where I can get advices. I happen to see hino07's thread for beginner for cameras.

I'm in a dilemma, don't know which should I choose. As I've been to Comex show, saw their leaflets, keen in Nikon D80 & Canon EOS 400D.

Their bundles look very attractive. Look up into some of the specs & comparison. Still do not know which to choose. Looking into the pics comparison, Canon ones are more clearer than Nikon ones (correct me if I'm wrong)

Nikon's bundle - comes with additional zoom lens (70-300mm)
Canon's bundle - additional of $399 to get a 55-200mm zoom len.

I thought the above bundle is good enough for me to kick start as a beginner. :)

Can anyone advice me? As today's last day of Comex. Wanted to get a DSLR today. Thank you very very much for your kind advices & quick sharing. :)

Overall I can say Nikon has better flash system but lens are more expensive as compared to Canon. Canon has smaller bodies but more plastic feel to me. Thats my opinion I also got a hard time between 350D and D70s when I was scouting for DSLR. I finally bought D70s and never regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.