Which camera has the highest resolution LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd

Oct 25, 2002
Singapore
Hello all, I'm looking for a compact digicam that has a high resolution screen. Most of what I've seen has a 235K resolution and a size of 2.5". Is there any higher resolution LCD screens on the digicams out there?

Thanks in advance!

Why are you so concerned with a high resolution LCD screen? High resolution sensor, sharp lens etc are hwat's important.

Actually, the person using the camera is more important ;)

Anyways, my Mum prefers a higher resolution screen. Though it doesn't make a big diff to me. Something along the lines of VGA< resolution on a 2.5" LCD would be nice I think. She's complaining about fuzziness. Plus it's always interesting to know the alternatives out there.

:)

If you're worried about fuzziness, just put the LCD screen further away from the eye. :)

Seriously, it shouldn't make much of a difference (at least to the layman). Most digicams source their LCD screen from just a few major LCD manufacturers so they kind of locked into what the manufacturers offer. Besides, I don't think there's a market of consumers willing to pay a large premium for high-resolution LCD screens on their digicams, so the camera makers don't push them out.

However, if you are looking for cameras with EVF (electronic viewfinder), then it's important to do some homework to get the one with the highest resolution - otherwise you'll end up with serious eye problems. :)

Thanks Ah Pao!

Others than the Minolta A2 (with a 1mp EVF), there's no other camera on the market with that clarity of EVF right? IIRC, the A2 has some mis-focusing problems. Also it's a 8mp cam (with high noise level when pushed at high iso). It would be great if they can release something similar with a 7mp sensor without the focus problem.

Looks like I've to convince my Mum otherwise, we can't have the best of everything can we... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.