Which camera bag to choose?

kentwong81

Jun 18, 2010
Singapore
Hi, I'm going to oversea backpack trip soon. The camera bag should allow me to store the items below:

1. Nikon D90
2. Nikkor 18-105mm kit lens
3. Nikkor 50mm F1.8 lens
4. 2 filters
5. 1 extra batter
6. 2 extra memory cards

What I'm thinking now is that it's not possible to buy a backpack type camera bag as I need to carry another backpack for my shirts, pants and other accessories for my trip. The only option is a shoulder type camera bag.
What do you think? Any better idea and good camera bag to recommend? :think: Thanks!

I think camera bags are very personal. it is best to go try them out.

You might want want to consider a hiking backpack like the ones from Clik. Lots of configurations:
http://www.clikelite.com/shopp/

Awesome bags, just a little on the expensive side.

Hi, I'm going to oversea backpack trip soon. The camera bag should allow me to store the items below:

1. Nikon D90
3. Nikkor 50mm F1.8 lens
4. 2 filters
5. 1 extra batter
6. 2 extra memory cards

What I'm thinking now is that it's not possible to buy a backpack type camera bag as I need to carry another backpack for my shirts, pants and other accessories for my trip. The only option is a shoulder type camera bag.
What do you think? Any better idea and good camera bag to recommend? :think: Thanks!

try kata bag?
http://www.kata-bags.com/kata.asp?Version=Photo

1. Nikon D90
3. Nikkor 50mm F1.8 lens
4. 2 filters
5. 1 extra batter
6. 2 extra memory cards

How about those with dual compartments?Top for personal items and bottom for camera equipment.The Lowepro Versapack or Fastpack might fit your requirements:)

if ur walking ard wif a backpack i tink a beltbag is more suitable for u;)

Your gears are not really alot, perhaps you might not want to get a dedicated backpack.

Bags, like underwear, is a personal choice, afterall, it is meant to protect your jewels, I mean your camera.

As such, try using Google for "camera bag". here

since its a backpack trip, the thing is, stick to one bag instead of two bags (one for camera and one for clothings + belongings).

So far after doing extensive research, only ClikElite bags gives you two in one. ;)

I know there is also similar bags (clothings + cameras) but hard to get locally, need to order from overseas.

check out lowepro outback 100/200/300. Looks like the outback 100 will be enough for your use.

Its a belt pack, with an option to use a sling like a sling bag. =)

Available locally?
yup. Manda is the official local distributor.

i got my large hiker from them... but now underused, so decided to sell off to fund another bag. anyone keen to get from me can pm me ;p i only used once!