Which camera bag to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
Hi guys...
I am finally finishing up my studies in london this june and coming back to Sg... however,
my photog arsenal has "unexpectedly increased" over the past 3 years... hence need to get a new bag to bring back all my "toys"

Just wondering what people here who travel with quite a bit of gear use?

I was looking at Lowepro Phototrekker/Nature Trekker/Tamrac Expedition 7 kinda range...

Fyi what i am looking to bring back is as follows:

D70 kit
F90x
Tokina 12-24
nikkor 50 f1.8
nikkor 24-120
Nikkor 80-200 AFS
Sigma 28-70
SB800
SB26

HAsselblad 500c
2 A12 backs
Grip
Angle finder
80mm F2.8
60mm F3.5
150mm F4

Sharp Videocam

And all the ling ling long long such as chargers... filters... batt...

and maybe manfrotto pro190 tripod...

Anyone can suggest something good (can include price range? that would be greatly appreciated)
... will be using this bag again probably when i go for my post-grad studies abroad... :bsmilie:

If you're just looking to bring back, just bubble wrap all the important items and put into your carryon luggage. Of course, must carry it carefully.

I do hope you're not intending to go on a shoot with every piece of equipment you own. If so, you'll need at least two huge photo backpacks... And you'll probably suffer from hernia if you do.

Think about the type of shoot you'll do on a regular basis and you can decide how big a backpack you need.

If you can own a Hassy, I'm sure you can check the bag manufacturers' websites yourself to see the capacity of different backpacks and get the prices from dealer websites.

londonray said:
Hi guys...
I am finally finishing up my studies in london this june and coming back to Sg... however,
my photog arsenal has "unexpectedly increased" over the past 3 years... hence need to get a new bag to bring back all my "toys"

Just wondering what people here who travel with quite a bit of gear use?

I was looking at Lowepro Phototrekker/Nature Trekker/Tamrac Expedition 7 kinda range...

Fyi what i am looking to bring back is as follows:

D70 kit
F90x
Tokina 12-24
nikkor 50 f1.8
nikkor 24-120
Nikkor 80-200 AFS
Sigma 28-70
SB800
SB26

HAsselblad 500c
2 A12 backs
Grip
Angle finder
80mm F2.8
60mm F3.5
150mm F4

Sharp Videocam

And all the ling ling long long such as chargers... filters... batt...

and maybe manfrotto pro190 tripod...

Anyone can suggest something good (can include price range? that would be greatly appreciated)
... will be using this bag again probably when i go for my post-grad studies abroad... :bsmilie:

waileong said:
If you're just looking to bring back, just bubble wrap all the important items and put into your carryon luggage. Of course, must carry it carefully.

I do hope you're not intending to go on a shoot with every piece of equipment you own. If so, you'll need at least two huge photo backpacks... And you'll probably suffer from hernia if you do.

Think about the type of shoot you'll do on a regular basis and you can decide how big a backpack you need.

If you can own a Hassy, I'm sure you can check the bag manufacturers' websites yourself to see the capacity of different backpacks and get the prices from dealer websites.

Thanks bro... i also thinking of bubblewrap... save me the $ coz such bags are not cheap and it would probably collect dust except for the occasional use... yups... But yah... shall have to see whether i can find bubblewrap for free... kop some from the lab...

if u are finishing up studies, surely u are shipping some stuff back? if so, shipping company should provide u bubble wrap for free..

if not, can always order online from packing companies.

jdredd said:
if u are finishing up studies, surely u are shipping some stuff back? if so, shipping company should provide u bubble wrap for free..

if not, can always order online from packing companies.

dun plan to ship anything back... just bringing what i can and giving the rest away...
as for bubblewrap... i see pple in the labs throw them away everytime... esp if someone orders a centrifuge or something like that... tonnes of bubblewrap thrown away... so i think that it shouldn't be that hard to nick some for free... haha... but if it comes down to buying... i think that it shouldn't be tough to get some from stationary shops or packing companies...

If you so decided to give away any equipments, please don't. Just send it to me, I pay for the freight charges! ;) ;p

Andy Ang said:
If you so decided to give away any equipments, please don't. Just send it to me, I pay for the freight charges! ;) ;p

u want textbooks? Yellow pages? I use those to elevate myself... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.