Which Cam Easy to Carry and Good in IQ, ISO Performance?

KLzai

Sep 23, 2012
Singapore/JB
I'm thinking to get a camera for easy to carry and compact size. any recommendation?

Sony RX100
Nikon P310
Canon S100/S110
Canon G1X
Canon G15
Lumix LX7
Samsung EX2
Olympus XZ-2
Ricoh GRD

or any other recommendation?

If u say compact size, its obviously Sony RX100... Fits all your requirements.

Rx100

I don need change lens =)
I thinking to get the Sony RX100 or Canon G1x, but still bit expensive:(

RX100 for me if between Canon G1X n RX100. rX100 also more compact.

Nothing is cheap and good ... But many is exp and not good.

i vote for Sony RX100

Sony RX100 might be able to do what you want!

You missed of the newest kid on the block.. the XF-1

fujifilm_xf1_preview_05.jpg

[video=youtube;kBOq8Aq8CD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBOq8Aq8CD8[/video]

It will be s110 or the new canon M for me! Reliable and lightweight

It will be s110 or the new canon M for me! Reliable and lightweight

It's pretty clear that the TS is looking for a premium compact, and he don't want to change lens, so EOS-M is out.

As for the S110, there are plenty of other competitive premium compacts out there. Not anti-Canon, and in fact, in awe of the fact that they were the ones who came up with the original premium compact in the S90 (together with the Panasonic LX-3). But over the years, they seem to have been resting on their laurels, offering bit improvements to the S-series in the S95 and S100. Now, its competitors have all caught up, from the 3-times larger sensor Sony RX100, to the stylish yet with larger sensor Fujifilm XF1, to the amazing fast lenses of Panasonic LX7, Oly XZ2 and Samsung EX2F (it comes w a swivelling screen too!). Apart from the slightly longer optical zoom (which aperture is a 'slow' F5.9 fully zoomed out), I was really quite disappointed when the S110 was announced recently.

and reliable ? On what, the basis of the Canon brand ? Have people heard of the lens error issue in the S100 ? I know of plenty of people w this problem and had to bring their camera back to Canon to get it fixed. hope that Canon would have learnt the lesson for the S110.

I'm thinking to get a camera for easy to carry and compact size. any recommendation?

I don need change lens =)
I thinking to get the Sony RX100 or Canon G1x, but still bit expensive

Hi TS, noticed that you listed RX100 originally, but later said it was too expensive. So you have a budget in mind ?

Do you have other requirements, like performance in low light, long zoom, etc ?

Last edited:
allenleonhart said:
one M lens very expensive hahah

Summarons r affordable.

out of your list, the RX100 is definitely the best (in my opinion) - afte trying out a few high end compacts, the RX100 is the best for me. its very compact, has the biggest sensor, highest MP count, and i think offers the best IQ - although in its compact size, u might miss a few controls etc..and its control ring around the lens is not as great as competitors

but like daredevil mentioned, the fuji XF1 is another great option, for over US$100 less than the RX100. so definitely check that out, it looks very impressive (and i love Fuji's manual zoom ring)

Thanks for all information, I think the RX100 is the best choice.
How much the price in market now?

KLzai said:

Street price should b ard 900. Sony style selling ard 990. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. I can double check as I'm in wisma now.

KLzai said:

Look in the rx100 thread in the sony section. Quite a lot of price discussion.