Which cafe in Singapore to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
want to find some place where their coffee/tea and food is nice, and comfortable enough for hours of chit chat with close friends.

i realized TCC is good, their dory fish main dish is very nice! bean bags and low tables with parquay flooring is cosy :)

Any other places to recommend?

Secret Garden - Opp Midlink plaza, along middle road.

therat said:
where is TCC?

the one i've been is the boat quay outlet.. just behind macdonald's.

Bernard Ong said:
Secret Garden - Opp Midlink plaza, along middle road.

hey i've surfed through some people's blog and found some pictures of this place! ambience and food seems nice, however, is it expensive?

nydc :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mr. Bean's Cafe at Selegie is good. The best part is it's just below PSS and members have 10% discount!:p

The fish & chips and the cabonara pasta is good... coffee etc so so only though... more for food than coffee... For coffee, i still still go to CBTL for my ultimate ice blended..

behyx said:
hey i've surfed through some people's blog and found some pictures of this place! ambience and food seems nice, however, is it expensive?

Quite expensive lor .... $40-50 at least for 2 persons ..... but I feel only limited food and pasta that they offer lorrrr

Try the new Korean style coffee shop "People Say" at 3rd Floor at Marina Square, just not too far from Giant supermarket .... but only cake or sandwich ... no heavy food....... nice place for relax :)

I still don't know what is TCC...
think times to go out walk walk liao...
stay @ home too much...
now b'coz city 乌龟 :(

therat said:
I still don't know what is TCC...
think times to go out walk walk liao...
stay @ home too much...
now b'coz city 乌龟 :(

The Coffee Connection. :)

dennislim said:
TCC = the coffee connissor (spelling a bit wrong)

The Coffee Connoisseur

anybody know how to pronounce correctly 'connoisseur'?

-----

I've tried Starbucks' so many times, and their ice mocha is way tooo sweet...!! regardless for branches :(
anybody share the same thought?

as far as i know, connoisseur should be pronounced "kon-ner-ser". :)

anyway, after all this time, i still prefer to hang out at Coffeebean or Pacific Coffee (at CityLink, with those huge comfy red couches).

d7t3 said:
wat abt coffee club, millenia? middle eastern decor (but not cheap)

wow middle eastern! guess it's nice eh? coffee club isn't that cheap, but i found the food/drinks reasonable delicious and cosy atmosphere makes it a good place for chit chat!

The worst place i've been is Starbucks Raffles City. Not only their ice blended mocha is ultra sweet, the place is so noisy especially on weekends!! I must literally shout to get my words across to my friend. Almost like a posh kopitiam with aircon.

Walked past the Pacific Coffee that day and was really sad to see it was closed down....or just renovating? Anybody knows?

My fav is the one at One Raffles Link. Really peaceful and quiet during the weekdays. Nice place to relax in the big red comfy sofas, sip coffee and just enjoy a good book.....nice.....best if raining.....

it's not just the starbucks at raffles city, it's pretty much the same scene at almost all the coffee houses nowadays, littered with impressionable kiddos making a helluva noise.

and especially so nowadays what with the school holidays. bah. enough ranting. back to topic and COFFEE! WEE! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.