Which brand will you choose as your next memory card?

Which brand is your next memory card?

Results are only viewable after voting.

s2s1

Nov 4, 2002
AMK
Visit site
I'm thinking to create a Mass Order (MO) for memory card after COMEX. Take a survey to understand market needs now. :)

s2s1 said:
I'm thinking to create a Mass Order (MO) for memory card after COMEX. Take a survey to understand market needs now. :)

SanDisk

(I can't vote - don't know why):dunno:

i have used sandisk only. they have not given me any reason so far to switch to another brand.

I last bought a Kingston Ultimate 133X 512mb SD card. It is indeed very fast. My nxt card would probably be the same.

i am currently using lexar professional WA enabled 1GB CF and they work great! they come with lifetime warranty too and i just sent one to their head office in US for refurbishment. good online service support too (live chat).

Lexar has more supporters here. Anyone know Sandisk warranty? Life time or 1 year or 5 years?

Sandisk.
Have been using Sandisk Ultra II 1x 512, 1x 1GB. Very satisfied performance. IIRC, Sandisk cards are life-time warranty. :)

SanDisk, Lexar, Kingston.... Whatever's cheap, reliable and within my reach, I'll buy. :)

Got 1 Kingston Elite Pro, got 1 SanDisk Extreme. All 512MB. Haven't tried Lexar yet. So far, both brands very reliable. No complaints.

If I manage to get Sandisk or Laxar MO with price less market 10%~20%, will you guy willing to pay 50% deposit to let me procceed order (the rest 50% pay on delivery)? This is the 1st time I would like to try MO, so dunno how normally MO buyer give payment. It's because without deposit the amount is huge for me... :embrass:

I'm willing to get advise from you.

since day 1 i am using sandisk, so far, so good, has gone through with me overseas trip, local photoshooting, many events photography already.

i dun really bother with speed. not tried other brands. but satisfied :)

Guys, any comments on Kingston Elite Pro CF card 4GB ?
Selling at $359. ;p

elitepro4gb.jpg

s2s1 said:
If I manage to get Sandisk or Laxar MO with price less market 10%~20%, will you guy willing to pay 50% deposit to let me procceed order (the rest 50% pay on delivery)? This is the 1st time I would like to try MO, so dunno how normally MO buyer give payment. It's because without deposit the amount is huge for me... :embrass:

I'm willing to get advise from you.

I don't mind paying the entire amount first... If got MO, then I want Lexar CF and SD (for D50). Price must be lower than what some pple in consumer corner offering, otherwise not worth the wait.

King Tiger said:
Guys, any comments on Kingston Elite Pro CF card 4GB ?
Selling at $359. ;p

elitepro4gb.jpg

I would rather carry 4 pieces of 1GB than 1 piece of 4GB. I do not like to put all my eggs in one basket. If the basket breaks, all eggs gone. In 4 baskets at least if one breaks still have 3.

jamestan said:
I would rather carry 4 pieces of 1GB than 1 piece of 4GB. I do not like to put all my eggs in one basket. If the basket breaks, all eggs gone. In 4 baskets at least if one breaks still have 3.

second that man

jamestan said:

Even the Professionals prefer to have many smaller capacity cards dan all in one... it's definitely much safer to do so...

wise!

destiny_star said:
Even the Professionals prefer to have many smaller capacity cards dan all in one... it's definitely much safer to do so...