Which brand should I buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

genghiskt

Jan 22, 2008
Hi experts here,

Can you all experts share with me whether should I buy a Dslr from Canon and not Nikon?

I m thinking of Nikon D300 but its seems Canon are more popular. Is there any pros and cons of getting a Canon instead of Nikon?

Thanks...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi experts here,

Can you all experts share with me whether should I buy a Dslr from Canon and not Nikon?

I m thinking of Nikon D300 but its seems Canon are more popular. Is there any pros and cons of getting a Canon instead of Nikon?

Thanks...

First thing first...... WE DON"T EVER START A FLAME WAR WITH A 'WHY THIS BRAND AND NOT THAT BRAND' kind of thread...... :thumbsd:

2nd..... go try out which camera YOU like and start from there. Both Brand are just as good......

At the end of the day...... YOU are the one using the camera.

Regards.......

First thing first...... WE DON"T EVER START A FLAME WAR WITH A 'WHY THIS BRAND AND NOT THAT BRAND' kind of thread...... :thumbsd:

2nd..... go try out which camera YOU like and start from there. Both Brand are just as good......

At the end of the day...... YOU are the one using the camera.

Regards.......

Lol bro..
Chill!

How have you been?:)

if you are looking into mid range DSlr nikon d300 match sony A700 very closely and also olympus E-3 cannon wise 40D are very good in pricing.
first of all, never ask which brand. every brand got their cons and pros but all can produce really stunning pics for you.
second feel the cam in your hand, see which is better for you, more comfortable to you.
(that's what everybody says)

P.S....... hoping you would come to the alpha family, but the choice is yours anyway.;)

Hi experts here,

Both are good.

There are other brands other than Canon & Nikon, what made you narrow down to this two, understand your need and get it one that suit you.

Go to a shop, try both and follow your heart to get the one you like.
If still can't decide, toss a coin.

Hi experts here,

honestly, if u are asking this qns, u are as new as me and any camera will be fine. doesn't matter what brand and what model it is as long as u can afford it.

if money isn't an issue, get the best system out there. better still, have 2 systems. :bsmilie:

currently among the prosumer dslrs, d300 rank top for price. 40d is the cheapest. so how deep are your pockets? :dunno:

I think you all have misunderstood me.

First, I m not here to start a war....I m here to listen to feedback. Pls be cool..:sweat::sweat:

What i meant was... brand section because of other factors like..Lens and accessories easily available....etc.. Or maybe easy to re-sell etc etc..

Yes! Every cams got it good and bad. But I think brand can be also a deciding factor too...Like Toyota and Honda..

I know I like the Nikon D300. I m a newbie here,, I don't want to get caught when upgrading...like maybe lens for nikon are more ex...

So hope you guys can shares some of your experiences...

Dun worry genghiskt, you asked a perfectly valid question.
I had the question in mind when i was first looking for a camera as well :)

Pricing btw the two are about equivalent and easily available. ( unless u wanted some rare isoteric item that is not in production )

Dun think u shld worry about reselling equipments for now though ;p
But generally the original makers shld command a better resale price compared to 3rd party makers.

Ryan

I know I like the Nikon D300. I m a newbie here

A newbie wanna buy the D300? :bigeyes:

I think I can help you... But tell me first whether you are a newbie in photography, newbie in digital photography, or newbie in this forum?

Do you have any experience with SLR before?

I think you all have misunderstood me.

First, I m not here to start a war....I m here to listen to feedback. Pls be cool..:sweat::sweat:

What i meant was... brand section because of other factors like..Lens and accessories easily available....etc.. Or maybe easy to re-sell etc etc..

Yes! Every cams got it good and bad. But I think brand can be also a deciding factor too...Like Toyota and Honda..

I know I like the Nikon D300. I m a newbie here,, I don't want to get caught when upgrading...like maybe lens for nikon are more ex...

So hope you guys can shares some of your experiences...

Don't worry if you're just considering Canon and Nikon, the lenses are just as expensive.. ;p If you like the D300, then go for it rather than after buying a Canon or a Sony then having second thoughts whether you should have gotten a D300 in the first place.. blah blah blah... it's endless and senseless...

Just go with what you like, every brand, even Nikon, will someday come up with something that will surpass the D300 in that price range. Just buy and then put your heart and soul into your photography, not the equipment. ;p

If you're still learning the basics of photography, then the D300 would probably build or kill off your enthusiasm for photography. You can take the crappiest pic with it too or downright opposite if you know how to tame it. Better to start with D80 or something. Just don't do by hype, rather by what you're capable of, and suits you.

There is no stopping which model you buy for ur first camera since i believe if you are keen to learn, a higher end model should not impede ur enthusiasm and progress.

The only reason why i can think of not getting more expensive bodies is if somehow u dun feel like taking up photography as a hobby anymore.. then it becomes a bad choice to have an expensive paperweight

Hi experts here,

If this is your mindset, just a get most popular camera and it will be easier for you sell it off when you decide to quit/jump ship.

FYI, there is no perfect camera, and all cameras do not come with magic wand. it is you to make the most out from the camera.

beside anyway,one year or two down the road, a newer better model will come out.
so, don't think too much about brand. get what you can afford and feel best.:)

Do you let peoiple tell you what girl to marry? Do you let people tell you what underwear to buy? Do you let them tell you what car to buy, what house to buy, etc? Expect all your decisions to be made for you by other people?

Try to form your own opinions. Try not to follow the herd like mindless sheep.

Hi experts here,

do a search and read all the reviews about canon, nikon (and other brands) of dslrs you can find. then go down to the shops and try out all the dslrs you have shortlisted from the reviews. the dslr you fall in love with (and can afford), is the one you should buy. :)

well don't start a brand debate
both are good
buy both

alway see wat u wanna shoot then the specs good enough or too overkill?like its' weight? . but piority is still the lens.

I bought D60 "made in thialand":cry: pie sie to bring out, cannon all models " made in Japn":bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.