Which brand of tripod are you using?

Which tripod brand are you using and why?

Results are only viewable after voting.

kwttan

Jan 8, 2010
Concrete jungle
Would like to find out which tripod brand are you using. I just name a few brands that I know of.
Can share why you choose the brand? price, quality, brand name, etc...

no manfrotto?

I'm using sirui N2205 With g20 ballhead, y I choose this it compact and with a quick release. And it also can use monopod

Can share why you choose the brand? price, quality, brand name, etc...

The tripods I own/owned:

Vanguard 263AT (sold off): Limited lifetime warranty if purchased in Singapore. I prefer the slightly more matt finishing compared to manfrotto 190xprob. When extending/retracting the legs, it feel smoother. Price slightly cheaper than manfrotto. Brand name not many users at the moment i think. Clip lock is easy to operate and matches manfrotto's quality.

Sirui 1004X (sold off): Light and suitable for travel. Price matches the quality/finishing. Brand name. Growing demand it seems. Dislike the twist lock which takes abit more time.

Benro 500EX: Light and suitable for travel. Price matches the quality/finishing. Brand name. Seems quite popular here. Clip lock though easy to operate, can be improved in terms of quality. This is my heavy duty tripod that goes into the mud/sand and overseas or pretty much in my boot most of the time.

Fancier 6662: (given to my cousin): Light but feels wobbly with heavier bodies/lens. Price? Very affordable. Good to buy if you do not plan to use tripod much.

Last edited:
i find monopods more useful for what i do. For tripod though, i have the Slik U212 but switch between two heads for photo and video.

I got Gitzo, Manfrotto and Slik.

am looking for a cheap & good tripod. i bought hama brand but not steady enough. cheers.

I have gitzo n benro tripods and also velbon monopod. :)

I'm using Benro and Sirui but i only can vote for 1 in the poll?:confused:

actually benro and sirui is same parent company (similar to manfrotto and gitzo).... but one is made for the upper market, one is for the lower market. thats what i heard.

Err... So which (benro or sirui) is upper market?

what to look out for a tripod? do you guys normally pick lighter ones or heavier ones?