Which Brand of Rechargeable Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alant

Oct 15, 2004
Hi I just got a new nikon flash that's using AA size batteries. May I know which brand of rechargeable battery is better and what's the price like? And where's the best place to get them? Thanks.

Powerex, eneloop, energizer rechargables, sonys.

Infocomm at Funan (below the food court) sells Powerex cheaper than Eastgear. Found that out after I bought mine from Eastgear at an IT show.

get those that are able to hold charges longer like eneloop type. i think most brands have already came up with that technology.

conventional nimh have higher capacity (up to 2700mah for now) while the eneloop types is about 2000mah. but u don't need to remember to charge it up to full the night before to have the best performance from the battery.

i choose an option of both.

8x conventional
8x sanyo eneloop.

the eneloops are backups. while the conventionals are the ones i always used. Though i haven't forgotten to charge those yet. Which is a good thing... being prepared is always good.

Sanyo 2700mah rechargeable ones for me.
And i give them a good discharge/recharge before i shoot

Ryan

Saw quite a few saying about the Powerex, are these from China? Are they good? Will they damage the flash or anything? Sorry a bit kiasu here as never hear of this brand and I'm a newbie ;)

Next, I also keep seeing the Panasonic rechargeable batteries ad in photo magazines, are they good as never hear anyone comment on them as yet?

Saw quite a few saying about the Powerex, are these from China? Are they good? Will they damage the flash or anything? Sorry a bit kiasu here as never hear of this brand and I'm a newbie ;)

Next, I also keep seeing the Panasonic rechargeable batteries ad in photo magazines, are they good as never hear anyone comment on them as yet?

Actually Powerex is quite popular. Used by many people here.

Went to Infocomm shop today, the charger for Powerex is sold out. May I know how much do you all pay for it and where else could I get it? And does the charger takes in four AA size batteries or more? Thanks.

so which one is the best?

GP Reckyo (cheap)
Sanyo Eneloop (popular)
Panasonic (2100mAH)

alant, i got it from inforcom few days ago, probably the last one there for $62 with 4 2700mAh batt. If i am not wrong, Eastgear sells the same price too.

sin77: since u shortout this 3, i would tell u to go for the eneloops.

Thanks luna_sea83. I also realised Powerex is from Taiwan so is it reliable? Or should I go for other brands? Which one?

alant, i got it from inforcom few days ago, probably the last one there for $62 with 4 2700mAh batt. If i am not wrong, Eastgear sells the same price too.

sin77: since u shortout this 3, i would tell u to go for the eneloops.

thanks, tmr i will go and buy.
My flash need 4 batts. Duno if should buy extra set.
Not cheap leh

i guess the best way to judge yourself whether to buy extra set is whether u are a heavy user of flash in a day.. (=

But if I'm not wrong powerex is cheaper than some other brands available. A pack of four AA size 2700mAh is like $19+

Maha powerex 2700mah and maha imedion 2100mah

Status
Not open for further replies.