--- Which Brand Of Portable Music Player Do You Own Now, Have Owned or Planning To

--- Which Brand Of Portable Music Player Do You Own Now, Have Owned, Planning To Own

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
Lets see how many Anti-Ipod Rebel here?
You can freely express your sentiments here - for or against certain brands.

I don't really like iPods for their sound. They really have poor sound as compared to my Sony Walkman, but the Touch which I have really makes it up with its functionality and size.

the sound is alright... if only they let us import custom equalizer settings...... i hate the earphones that came with it... bombed out a hundred bucks plus on a head bangy audio technica headphones... <3 the sound :3

I have Creative Vision M. Is quite a good mp3 player.

i got the sony walkman but i'm looking forward to the Zune. iPod is just overhyped imho.

I've owned generation 2, 3 and 4 Ipod. All of them died within a year, even after repairs. Moved on to Creative Vision M and currently, Creative Zen. Still surviving with minor hang-ups.

I used to own an iPod until it decided to breakdown just after the warranty. I brought it to the distributor at Wheellock only to find out that Apple doesn't repair iPods. :angry:

Anyway, I had enough of iPod :thumbsd:

I've been using my Samsung for 2 years now, it sounds better and it's easier to get songs from your friends' computer too! :lovegrin:

None of the other brands even reach half of the number of votes of iPod :bsmilie:

I don't really like iPods for their sound. They really have poor sound as compared to my Sony Walkman, but the Touch which I have really makes it up with its functionality and size.

Hmmmm correct me if i am wrong, but the mp3 does not make a difference to the sound quality. it's the earphones. With a creative stone, and a audio tech or BOSE earphones you could still obtain the quality of sound, it depends on the earphones as well as the EQ which is sett-able and also the file quality. The different bit rates. YEP :)

the sound is alright... if only they let us import custom equalizer settings...... i hate the earphones that came with it... bombed out a hundred bucks plus on a head bangy audio technica headphones... <3 the sound :3

Yea i changed my Ipod earphones 3 FREAKING TIMES!!! hahahaha den i went for sennheiser HD cannot remember wad :p kope my dad's one :) spent like quite a bit on it :p

Actrually the internal amplifier will make a difference as well. Sony, Samsung Cowon and Iriver are known to have very good internal amps.

Creative's Zen is one of thier better ones but some of thier other players have terrible headphone out quality.

That said if you are using bundled buds you prob wont hear the difference ;p

im owning a creative zen too but i've gotta send it for repairs soon 'cause somehow my pc can't detect my player! anyone facing the same prob? btw its sound is good too!

Very simple. Ipod + GoVibe Petite + a good pair of IEM = hard to beat. Personally using an Ipod with external amp (GoVibe Petite) with Westone UM3 or Shure 530SE.

Hmmmm correct me if i am wrong, but the mp3 does not make a difference to the sound quality. it's the earphones. With a creative stone, and a audio tech or BOSE earphones you could still obtain the quality of sound, it depends on the earphones as well as the EQ which is sett-able and also the file quality. The different bit rates. YEP :)

Yea i changed my Ipod earphones 3 FREAKING TIMES!!! hahahaha den i went for sennheiser HD cannot remember wad :p kope my dad's one :) spent like quite a bit on it :p

They make a difference but for portables, its the earphones that makes the most difference. So if you want to upgrade, look at earphones 1st. These players have built amps to power your earphones, some are better, some are weaker. A good music player plus good earphones dun need EQ to sound good.

But, the source music is most impt. Rip your songs at high quality mp3 or lossless formats.

Yes, good earphones make a difference for good audio. There are many kinds of high end earphones, some using only one driver while others use two or even three drivers! It is like a hi-fi sound system, with the tweeters and the woofer, shrink to the size of an earphones (actually they are also called IEM). For you to receive best sound, it is best to rip your music in lossless format. Some people can hear the diff and some can't. But generally, if you have a good audio hardware combination, you don't have to raise the volume to hear the quality, I only push the volume to 25~30% and I could hear all the details of the music with my Westone UM3 with GoVibe Amps.

I think Apple is a clear winner today .as far as a portable player is concerened

But in time to come Samsung Should catchup or leave apple behind .

I think Apple is a clear winner today .as far as a portable player is concerened

But in time to come Samsung Should catchup or leave apple behind .

Samsung make good hardware components but they make difficult to use products that only sell because they're cheap.

I'm using a 4th generation iPod although I've tried using my hand phone. I don't see the differences in audio in iPod competitors to be so big that I'd give up Apple's huge advantage in ease of use for slightly better audio.

The only reason I can see changing to another brand is if I switched permanently to Linux and until Adobe Photoshop, etc. run on Linux, there is little chance of that happening. The closest I get to playing .ogg files is when I play Unreal Tournament/2004/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.