Which brand of CPL to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kezumix

Jun 25, 2007
East
Currently i'm looking at HOYA CPL... is it decent enough as in there is no colour cast or any other things to take note and of cos, usable in terms of the colour quality produced.. Any other brands which i can take note as well? Hoped tat users who has the hoya CPL can give me some reviews on it.

Thanks

It works. But if you really do not want to compromise quality... go for B+W MRC CPLs!

It works. But if you really do not want to compromise quality... go for B+W MRC CPLs!

Ard how roughly much would the B+W cost me?? and where can i get the B+W products?? or most of the shops carry them?

:dunno:

Thanks for helping me out :)

Ard how roughly much would the B+W cost me?? and where can i get the B+W products?? or most of the shops carry them?

:dunno:

Thanks for helping me out :)

whats your filter size?

CP...MSC...LORD's...AP should carry them...

Currently i'm looking at HOYA CPL... is it decent enough as in there is no colour cast or any other things to take note and of cos, usable in terms of the colour quality produced.. Any other brands which i can take note as well? Hoped tat users who has the hoya CPL can give me some reviews on it.

Thanks

My experience with Hoya CPL is that there will be a slight greenish/brownish colour cast. I've now changed to using B+W and is a very happy user now. :)

Putting my Hoya CPL on my telezoom prime produces less than sharp pics, I was surprise at the level of quality. Think of using B+W CPL too.

There is thread in the consumer or others section in this forum on the prices ya

b+w kaesemann mrc cpl!

i just ordered one. hope it's as good as it claims to be!

I've got one and unbelievably, the coating was actually scratched by the brush on the lens pen :eek:

Thank goodness the scratch didn't affect the images

I am now using the Schneider Digital+, made by the parent company of B+W for specific use by digital cameras. This however costs slightly more than equivalent filter from B+W.

If you have a budget constraint, the next best filter to get would probably be the Marumi DHG. I found this to be slimmer than the Hoya/Kenko and yet easier to clean as well.

I am now using the Schneider Digital+, made by the parent company of B+W for specific use by digital cameras. This however costs slightly more than equivalent filter from B+W.

If you have a budget constraint, the next best filter to get would probably be the Marumi DHG. I found this to be slimmer than the Hoya/Kenko and yet easier to clean as well.

how do you find the DHG compare to B+W normal coating and MRC coating? I have the DHG only so can't compare, but i find the MRC have less reflection than the DHG but of cos it is going at double the price.

how do you find the DHG compare to B+W normal coating and MRC coating? I have the DHG only so can't compare, but i find the MRC have less reflection than the DHG but of cos it is going at double the price.

In fact, I just bought the Schneider Digital+ filters last evening. I actually wanted the B+W MRC UV-Haze and B+W MRC CPL but finally took home the following Schneider Digital+ filters: Slim Circular CPL (72 and 77mm) and UV-Haze (62, 72 and 77mm). The initial impressions I had last night when trying out these filters on the Nikkor 105f2.8, 12-24f4 and 18-200f4.5 were good.

I will probably evaluate them properly over the next few days and compare them to the Marumi DHG filters.

I've got one and unbelievably, the coating was actually scratched by the brush on the lens pen :eek:

Thank goodness the scratch didn't affect the images

argh that would have been a pain in the heart =S

I quite like the Hoyas and have a UV filter on my 30mm, but i find them hard to clean. it feels like the cloth is sticking to the glass as compared to the B+W.

In fact, I just bought the Schneider Digital+ filters last evening. I actually wanted the B+W MRC UV-Haze and B+W MRC CPL but finally took home the following Schneider Digital+ filters: Slim Circular CPL (72 and 77mm) and UV-Haze (62, 72 and 77mm). The initial impressions I had last night when trying out these filters on the Nikkor 105f2.8, 12-24f4 and 18-200f4.5 were good.

I will probably evaluate them properly over the next few days and compare them to the Marumi DHG filters.
they better be good... they are one of the most pricer one around (unless you compared it to Leica or so :sweat:)

will look forward to your evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.