Which brand of CD-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
i generally use BENQ or IMATION :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Imation is pretty good and cheap. But I also buy and use the no brand 100 pieces for 33 bucks. Strange it still works fine for me. Usually to keep photos I use teh branded ones but for givign away to people (files, pics and video) then I use the cheapo.

Imation is pretty good and cheap. But I also buy and use the no brand 100 pieces for 33 bucks. Strange it still works fine for me. Usually to keep photos I use the branded ones but for givign away to people (files, pics and video) then I use the cheapo. By the way I got some cheapo that I use to record video on 3 years ago and it still plays well.

I usually buy from Zynix, Sim Lim Square 6th Floor for those no-brand and branded CDRs. No, I am not from Zynix or have friends inside, :nono:
Just to let you all know a great place to get good deals.

The no-brand CDRs I got from them, price is reasonable, $38 for 100s and if any CDRs is defective, can go for 1-to-1 exchange, even for no-brand. and they are always to able to answer technical questions quite well and make recommendations based on your application. Where to get this type of service elsewhere?

Btw, Branded CDRs price also reasonable.

i use the smart buy $48/100... also very good... very nice design on the disc.

I find that my TDK 48x cyclone 2nd edition love sony 48x media. 100% successful burn rate and so far all 300 pcs usable :D

If you guys really treasure your digital photos, don't save just that few dollars & cents on those "100pcs for damn cheap price" CD-R. It not a matter of whether it can be burned successful or not, what matters most is whether the data can be read after few months or years, the quality of the disc.

Not worth losing those precious shots due to bad quality disc.

sorry to dig up this old thread.

can give some recommendations on what cd-r brand/model (?) that i should use to keep my digital photos as longterm backup?

thanks !!!! :thumbsup:

ortega said:
Verbatim or Mitsubishi

thanks!!

cd-r is better than cd-rw for archiving ? :)

if you just want to store then use CD-R, make sure that you keep the CD-R in its jewel case and read the precautions on the label. There was a report of the disc itself warping resulting in read errors, so keep the jewel case standing and not flat.

Just to be kiasu, every 3 years make a new copy of the disc and throw away the old one. And after you have 6 CD-R worth of data, burn it onto a DVD as well.

I'm using both Mitsubishi CD-Rs and DVD+Rs for backup purposes.

ortega said:
if you just want to store then use CD-R, make sure that you keep the CD-R in its jewel case and read the precautions on the label. There was a report of the disc itself warping resulting in read errors, so keep the jewel case standing and not flat.

Just to be kiasu, every 3 years make a new copy of the disc and throw away the old one. And after you have 6 CD-R worth of data, burn it onto a DVD as well.

haha.... got to make reminder to copy to new disk every 3 years. ......

paiseh... my pc no dvd writer.... :embrass:

amlim said:
haha.... got to make reminder to copy to new disk every 3 years. ......

paiseh... my pc no dvd writer.... :embrass:

most people take extra precaution since we are talking about valuable photos. use at least two ways to backup. can choose from

1. extra hdd
2. dvd
3. cdr brand 1
4. cdr brand 2
5. others

for me, i choose option 3+4. unlikely that they will fail at the same time. :sweat: a few years later, write another cdr for additional protection :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.