Which brand has lower self-discharge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkchocdonut

Jun 7, 2008
Singapore
Hi all, i'm in a dilemma whether to get Sanyo Enelope (highest mAh is 2000mAh?) or PowerEx imedion (2100mAh) for my canon s5. I got 4 varta rechargeable batts, but they couldn't even last for 20 shots & died. Any suggestions which brand shd i buy? :dunno:

Energizer? for me, it works

I use Energizer 2500mah and Sanyo 2700mah (not the Eneloop version). Both has worked fine for me.

For my preference, I stay away from Eneloop and GP.

Sony Heavy-Duty are great.

Hi all, i'm in a dilemma whether to get Sanyo Enelope (highest mAh is 2000mAh?) or PowerEx imedion (2100mAh) for my canon s5. I got 4 varta rechargeable batts, but they couldn't even last for 20 shots & died. Any suggestions which brand shd i buy? :dunno:

You should be looking at high mAh batts...

PowerEx2700 would last the longest. But if you dun need tat high, consider trying Imedions.

if you have low usage not using it often, use Enelope or imedion.

if you have high usage and long hour shooting, should look for high mAH batteries and charge the batteries before you use.

Currently using Sanyo Eneloops with my Canon S5is. Works well. Only issue is slow recharge rate for built in flash - not sure if this is due to the battery brand/type or just issue with the built in flash. No issues however with external flash. Batteries have been in the camera for many days since charging and use and still got juice. Best part of Enelopps is the slow discharge. Hence no problem with flat spare batteries when you need to use them. Nevertheless, also have GP Recycklo and Imedions in my collection. Haven't noticed much difference yet.

Hi thx for all the advice.. but is it safe tt i charge batts of diff. brand with a 15-min varta charger? cos tts wat given to me when i bought the cam.

I using Imedions, often it can last me 1 full photoshoot about 2 hours 400+ shot on HSS flash and not still not dead yet.

Sanyo Eneloop for me.....

I have 4 set of 4x AA batteries (total 16) & 4 AAA batteries. They retain power well and works well when I uses flash for my photo assignment :thumbsup:

If your 4 batteries last 20 shots before they die, it is not a "self-discharge" problem - your batts are most likely gone case. Even the non-LSD (low self discharge) batteries should sit comfortably in the camera for a month or so and work fine. The LSD batts claim to be able to sit around for more than a year and retain significant charge.

A good charger will improve the usable lifespan of your batteries by quite a bit, should consider getting one.

Eneloop really seems lower discharge then my typical GP batteries.

Eneloop really seems lower discharge then my typical GP batteries.
becos eneloop is using low selfdischarge technology... u sld compare it with GP ReCyco, both are meant to retain charges for longer period than normal NiMH battery

i'll give my vote to the eneloop

Sanyo Eneloop & Imedion work fine for me.

A good charger is also important. Try Maha C9000.

Status
Not open for further replies.