Which brand flash memory most reliable?

My most reliable brand of flash memory

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTN

May 1, 2006
Bishan
I have more than 10 CF and SD of different brands and sizes. So far, only 2 K******* SD cards has ever given problems, losing my shots. What are the experiences and opinions of other CSers here

been using Kingston elite pro 512mb and 2gb for about 1year now... so far enough no crash/corrupt or wateva on my 2 cams. :thumbsup:

used Sandisk for maybe 3-4 years.. my 128mb for the PnS is still working fine..

also have Kingston, Lexar, Transcend cards in my possession as well,
thought the kingston Elite Pro range is slower than Lexar's 80x WA or Sandisk's Ultra II.. hmm

my sandisk 32mb 128mb 256mb still going strong up till date;)

have used SanDisk and so far didn't fail. .... even bring to overseas from snowy alps to desert of egypt.... still ok. hee :embrass:

Love both Lexar ans Sandisk. Had Lexar longer, so voted for that.:)

I've been using Sandisk and have never been disappointed with them so far.

So far have tried Sandisk, Kingston and Ridata ..
I feel like Sandisk is better than the other 2.

Electronic can fail anytime.

Regards,
Arto.
very true...have experienced a failed Extreme III...although it has a lifetime warranty, but images captured of moments passed are not covered...

I've used SanDisk Ultra II SD256MB and then upgraded to TwinMOS Ultra-X(150x) SD1GB & also bought SanDisk Ultra II PlusUSB SD512MB as backup. So far no problems.

The TwinMOS have significantly faster read/write speed then my SanDisk Ultra II when I use them on my digital compact.

I have not used other brands before and so do not consider it fair to vote here with regards to the question titled.

All CF cards:
1) Ridata 256MB, 20x - no problems
2) Hagiwara 256MB (Green colour) - does not work with Nikon Coolpix 995
3) Kingston 256MB (normal speed) - super slow
4) Hagiwara 1GB (Orange colour) - of the many movies shot on my Nikon Coolpix 8800, lost one (file coruppted - cannot read), and to think that my arms almost break due to holding the cam up for >45mins!:thumbsd:
5) Ridata 256MB, 52x - no problems
6) Transcend 2GB, 120x - no problems, but not fast leh? i think the speed rating may be bogus. Seems to me about same speed as the Ridata 20x!:dunno:

Is it true that Lexar cards are not very compatible with Nikon Dslr? Heard my D70s mate complain about that b4.

Is it true that Lexar cards are not very compatible with Nikon Dslr? Heard my D70s mate complain about that b4.

I think it's the Lexar 80X that have problems with Canon DSLRs... but Lexar has recalled that batch already and replaced with new firmware.

i have a 1024 kingston elite pro. died on me once(and that was enuf to make me threw that card aside). all photos gone.:cry: card still can be used, but i bought a transcend 2 GB 120X, cos i dun dare to use that kingston card anymore. so far, transcend gave me no probs.

I have a Lexar Pro 80x 1GB that has no prob with my D200...:)

I have a Lexar Pro 80x 1GB that has no prob with my D200...:)

Same.. though mine is 2GB.... never had any problems at all

Status
Not open for further replies.