which brand and camera to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ackack

Jun 25, 2007
rather new to the forum, looking to buy a new camera, hope u guys can give some advice :)

am looking for something with good zoom, image stabilisation, manual settings, and because im impatient, less lag between shots. wide angle would be an added bonus.

have been looking at the olympus sp550uz, the panasonic lumix fz8 or the new canon powershot s5is.
however, wondering which gives better pictures, i have a canon ixus, and i like the colours that canon gives though some people may find it too vivid, but does anyone have any opinions on which is better, faster and has less noise?

im also looking at the powershota710is simply because its smaller and much more convenient to bring around, cos im also looking to using this as an everyday camera... but im quite worried about the time in between shots, esp with flash... and wondering if its worth it to give up the difference in features for the smaller size.

any advice? thanks!

Cybershot W200. superb yet small. only prob is cannot use CF cards or SD cards.

well cheaper's better :p but anything less than $750 is okay..

hm. thanks for the replies.. im not looking at a dslr... not experienced enough to need investing in something like that.. prosumer or pns are okay if the pns have most manual functions and all. i can't really draw the line between the two actually =X

does each brand have a special characteristic? like the sensor and lens they use.. whats the difference and which is 'better' in what ways?

how about fuji?

f31d or s6500fd?
the s6500fd fulfilled most of TS criteria, except optical stabilisation...

just my suggestion... give fuji a thought.. they have great sensors

yeah give a check on fuji f31fd. this camera not only offer u A/S control and also give you great photo in low light condition. One of the best buy now i will say. :)

hm thanks for all the replies guys :)
however, more specifically, i think i'd want something with about a 5 or 6x zoom at least, good macro functions as well, and a strong flash definitely with fast time betwen flash shots... and with wide angle as well preferably.

the panasonic lumix tz3 looks good, but im not too sure about panasonic and its lenses and colours... any thoughts?

what abt the sony t100 or the ricoh caplio r6?

hm thanks for all the replies guys :)
however, more specifically, i think i'd want something with about a 5 or 6x zoom at least, good macro functions as well, and a strong flash definitely with fast time betwen flash shots... and with wide angle as well preferably.

the panasonic lumix tz3 looks good, but im not too sure about panasonic and its lenses and colours... any thoughts?

what abt the sony t100 or the ricoh caplio r6?

panasonic should be quite ok

rather new to the forum, looking to buy a new camera, hope u guys can give some advice :)

am looking for something with good zoom, image stabilisation, manual settings, and because im impatient, less lag between shots. wide angle would be an added bonus.

have been looking at the olympus sp550uz, the panasonic lumix fz8 or the new canon powershot s5is.
however, wondering which gives better pictures, i have a canon ixus, and i like the colours that canon gives though some people may find it too vivid, but does anyone have any opinions on which is better, faster and has less noise?

im also looking at the powershota710is simply because its smaller and much more convenient to bring around, cos im also looking to using this as an everyday camera... but im quite worried about the time in between shots, esp with flash... and wondering if its worth it to give up the difference in features for the smaller size.

any advice? thanks!

I recommend the S5 IS and colours are natural. Vivid colours are Nikon and Sony cams.

Best time to get the Fuji f31fd as the price is falling, anticipating for a new model in Sept maybe?!?! Heard from shopkeeper that this model can be considered out of production,

ah. im the most indecisive person around.
anyway, i went down to funan yesterday and took a look at the s5, its really quite heavy and not practical for me since i want it to double up as everyday use.

the specs of the powershot a710is are very appealing, but i tried the camera too and the flash recharge time really bugs me... anyone can recommend a similar but faster camera, and one with a better and stronger flash that can cover longer distances?

the fuji one that u guys recommended looks good, but i need a better zoom, currently have an ixus with 3x zoom and it can sometimes get quite frustrating, which is also why i want to upgrade. also want to get better macro functions cos my current camera range for macro is from 5cm which can be rather frustrating too.

ah aren't i demanding :p

ah aren't i demanding :p

Yes I think so :sweat:

It does seem like only prosumers (or dslrs) can come close to meeting all your requirements, but if the weight is too much for you..... (don't kill me for this suggestion....) use digital zoom on f31d to fulfil your zooming needs?! :bsmilie:

Yes I think so :sweat:

It does seem like only prosumers (or dslrs) can come close to meeting all your requirements, but if the weight is too much for you..... (don't kill me for this suggestion....) use digital zoom on f31d to fulfil your zooming needs?! :bsmilie:

Don't need to use digital zoom, can always use manual zoom----your legs!!!

thanks for the replies :)
will consider the f31d!

Status
Not open for further replies.