which body for wedding photography

NodhereNodthere

May 17, 2008
if have $3000 and want to get a second body, mean using 2 cameras shoot at the same time ... not keep in the bag back up ...
should i get a second hand de high end pro D3 body ?
or get the lower end de first hand D700 body ?
or just get a low end de first hand D300s ? :cry:

my main body is d3s. most likely this body will use with the 35/1.4

The D700 will be a much better option for you and it fits you budget. It's a D3 in a small package!

Though i will not recommend getting a D300s as a 2nd body because from my experience, the crop factor can be very annoying and restricting if you're used to the 35mm FOV.

D700. weight is always an issue.

NodhereNodthere said:
if have $3000 and want to get a second body, mean using 2 cameras shoot at the same time ... not keep in the bag back up ...

What is all this "de" ? Are u mixing hanyu pinyin with English?

Anyway there are more factors besides just budget. If you are a professional photographer, you should be well aware what will complement your current setup.

What is the main lens on your D3s? If it's a wide angle, then you might want to use a DX backup body, because 35mm on FX is semi-wide. If it is a tele, then you might choose a FX backup instead.

Just make sure the weight and bulk does not take away the comfort and joy of photography ;)
Its called a 'backup' for a reason.

NodhereNodthere said:

Ask ur self if u can really manage 2 cam at the same time .. it take some practise to get use to. 2 similar body model will be easy for u to use as 2 cam setup .. but take note of the weight.

Answer ur question :
If got $, of course get d3 since it same as ur main body, u dun want to fumble w different body w different setting. If would skip dx as it confuse w fx.

Btw i shoot 2cam setup, w fx body & 24 or 35 or 50 prime, dx body with dx 35 prime .. all using blackrapid dr2 to hang on my shoulder ..

i find it a lot lighter than carrying 2 fx. Also the dx with 35 dx prime is acceptable bokeh quality to me .. its a backup cam to use when i dun have enough time to change len on my fx.

My 3rd backup is fx, but always in my car boot .. haha ..